Chapter 5: A Different Scene (1)

AN: Different PoVs in this Chapter.

Chapter 5: A Different Scene (1)

        At exactly 7:00 pm, everything changed for Lee Hyungsung. The train started rattling causing everyone in Cabin 3807 to be worried. There was a sudden dizziness that he felt and the next thing that he knew, the subway train stopped, and the lights went out.

A strange creature appeared. A small little creature floating in the air. Possessing two small horns on each side of its head. It was wearing a straw garment.

It has the appearance of a Dokkaebi

With its appearance, people started making assumptions and complaints until it started killing people and destroying people's hopes and denial.

This is now the world's new reality.

[ Channel #B1-76-23 has opened ]

[ The Constellations are now making an entrance ]

And they need to kill to survive...

[ The Main Scenario has arrived ]

[ Main Scenario #1

Prove Your Value

Kill one or more living organisms

Category: Main
Difficulty: F
Time Limit: 30 mins
Reward: 300 Coins
Penalty For Failure: Death ]

" Well, good luck everyone. I expect to see an interesting story. "

However, despite this new reality and situation that Lee Hyungsung found himself in along with the other people, the first thing that entered his mind was the strange yet likable young man who fainted earlier.

His gaze drifted to the Cabin 3907.

What is happening to the young man right now?

The young man may look intimidating and can be mistaken as a delinquent at first glance, however, Lee Hyungsung knows that once you talk to the young man, he is a fragile yet kind person.

Easy to cry, and easy to be afraid, yet still trying his best to look confident and brave. Not wanting to trouble Lee Hyungsung and setting aside his anxieties and fears for other people.
Lee Hyungsung shouldn't have listened to the young man and insisted on staying at the same Cabin as him.

Feeling a painful twinge in his chest, Lee Hyungsung is Guilty. The young man would die because Lee Hyungsung left him alone, Lee Hyungsung looked at the panicking people around him and calmed his emotions and mind.

" A mere normal mortal being like you has saved me from the curse of Dark Reunion. Now, as a gratitude, I the Jet Black Wings grant you the title of Jet Black Wings Aide! I can sense trouble descending soon caused by the Dark Reunion. I the Jet Black Wings would protect this lair while you protect the other one! "

Since those are some of the young man's last conversations with Lee Hyungsung, he would try to protect the people in this Cabin.

It didn't enter his mind that the young man's words had to do with this situation at all. From his encounter with the high school girls who were mocking the young man earlier, they certainly show familiarity towards him. They also wore the same high school uniform.

' They were students at the same school or the kid's classmates. '

That is the reason that they didn't find his behavior different from usual. The young man is someone who has a wild imagination and likes playing pretend.

It is just a coincidence that strange things started happening and the strange creature appeared. Looking around, Lee Hyungsung frowned when he didn't find the group of girls. They weren't also among the bodies lying on the ground that were killed by the creature.

' Did they change their Cabins while I delivered the young man to Cabin 3907? '

Even though they insulted the young man earlier, Lee Hyungsung wished them safety. Taking a deep breath, Lee Hyungsung started taking action.

---------------------

     While Kim Dokja was accepting the situation of his favorite novel turning into a reality and thinking about how to survive in the first main scenario, he heard the voice of a man trying to calm down the panicking passengers of Cabin 3807.

Introducing himself as an army lieutenant in the military. A Soldier– Kim Dokja recognized the soldier who introduced himself.

Lee Hyungsung is a character in his favorite novel 3 Ways of Survival in Ruined World. While Lee Hyungsung was answering the people's inquiries, Kim Dokja was certain that Lee Hyungsung should appear at the end of the 1st Scenario.

Eventually, everyone saw the video of the prime minister and him getting shot and the dokkaebi looking pissed and reducing the time of the first scenario. There are only 10 minutes left and if someone doesn't die in the next 5 minutes, everyone's life in this cabin would be forfeit.

The passengers inside also saw someone killing in the cabin 3707. Activating his skills and reading the copy of the novel sent to his phone, Kim Dokja discovered the reason why the events unfolding are different.

Yoo Joonghyuk is in Cabin 3707 and there are only people that would survive in this Cabin 3807.

However, as Kim Dokja looked around the 10 minutes became 7 minutes, and he couldn't find the other person who should survive in this Cabin. Looking at that person based on his description of the novel.

The person described in the novel doesn't exist inside this Cabin.

' Where is Kim Namwoon? '

After not finding Kim Namwoon, Kim Dokja decided to move on. Kim Namwoon not existing in this Cabin could be considered a lucky situation. He wouldn't need to deal with that Bloodthirsty edge lord.

However, despite the absence of Kim Namwoon, someone would take his place. Desperation for survival could lead a person to do things that they wouldn't normally do.

Suddenly, someone pushed the lady to the ground. Staring at the culprit, it was a man in his early 30's. A nameless extra that wasn't mentioned in the story.

While Kim Dokja was looking at the situation with forced calmness, someone stopped the man before he could kick the old lady.

" Please stop what you are planning, Sir. "

To Kim Dokja's surprise, it was Lee Hyungsung. The soldier approached the man and stepped in front of the old lady defending her.

" You can't kill the grandma, Sir. "

Lee Hyungsung was staring at the man with determination. Standing in front of the old lady serving as her shield.

Gazing at the event unfolding in front of him while activating his ability, Kim Dokja felt confused.

This Lee Hyungsung was different from the one that he knew. While doubts started appearing in Dokja's subconscious regarding the accuracy of the novel, the nameless extra started laughing and looking at Lee Hyungsung with a mocking expression.

" Lee Hyungsung right? You're a fucking Hypocrite. Standing in front of the old hag like you're the epitome of the Justice itself. An upright citizen who must be admired by the people. The model standard of the society. Heh! What a joke! A man of the military...What right do you have to stand in front of the old hag when you're just nothing but a licensed murderer absolved of guilt because you are a soldier? "