Chapter Ten: I'm Wal-Mart Famous

(Unedited)

*One Month Later*

"Zel! Get out of the bathroom!" Michael yelled, banging on the door.

"Michael, give me- like- 3 seconds." I yelled back, straightening my last strand of hair.

"Zel!!!"

Walking out of the bathroom I cried, "Happy?"

"Very," he grumbled, walking inside.

"Someone's grumpy," I muttered, walking into the kitchenette.

"Well he needs time to fix his hair too." Calum replied, opening a heavenly McDonald's bag.

I reached in the bag and grabbed a hash brown which resulted in my hand being slapped by Calum.

"Owie," I whined, rubbing my hand softy.

"Can you not wait?" he asked.

"Nope," I replied, taking a bite out of my hash brown.

He glared at me as he gave Luke and Ashton their breakfast. He gave me my breakfast last as a form of "punishment." Whatever.

"Good morning," Ash muttered.

"Good morning!" I declared, taking a bite out of my McMuffin.

"I smell food," Michael said, walking out of the bathroom.

"Took you long enough," I murmured.

"Look who's talking? You spent 40 minutes. I took like 15." Michael stated.

"I only took 40 minutes because I had to moisturize, untangle, brush out, and then straighten my hair. You don't know the struggle; you don't have cursed black/ Hispanic thick, curly, tangled hair. If I didn't have to do all of that I would have been out if like 10 minutes,"

"Well hair like this doesn't just happen." Michael sassed.

I simply rolled my eyes and went to the mini fridge to grab my milk.

"Zel, you're so weird. Some people drink coffee, others orange juice, but you drink milk." Luke remarked.

"Do not judge." I replied, chugging my milk out of my thermos.

...

"Do you guys need anything?" I asked, pulling my-Luke's- sweatshirt on.

"Where are you going?" Ash asked.

"Wal-Mart,"

"Alone?" Luke asked.

"Luke, I'll be fine. It's like a block away. I need exercise. Plus, I still have my pepper spray." I said, grabbing my purse.

"Zel-"

"Too late, I'm already leaving." I said, closing the door and running to the elevator, pushing the button for the dang thing to come. Luckily, fate was in my favor and the elevator came quickly. I smashed the button to close the doors. The last thing I saw was Luke chasing after me.

After a few seconds of rocking out to elevator music (Beethoven is my jam!), the doors opened and I walked out of the hotel, heading to Wal-Mart.

...

I finished "grocery" shopping and I was walking to the express lanes. I looked at the magazines and one immediately caught my attention. It read, "Who's the New Girl?" with a picture of Luke and I on the day of our date, a picture of us in the carriage, and a picture that had to have been taken recently because it was picture of the guys and I walking into a hotel. I grabbed it and flipped through the pages randomly, trying to find the article. After the third flip through, I finally found it. I quickly skimmed through it. Most of it was talking about 5 Seconds of Summer and their tour and then it slowly transitioned into Luke and his "mystery girl." I'm not much of a "mystery," but whatever.

I put it in my cart and walked over to the self-check outs, and pulled up the hood, feeling like I was being watched.

...

"Hey Zel. How was Wal-Mart?" Luke asked, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"Fine," I snapped, still feeling disturbed about the article.

He turned me around and gave me a look that showed that he didn't believe me.

"Whatch'a buy?" Michael asked, reaching for my bag.
Pulling my bag away, I replied, "Stuff."
"What kind of stuff?" He pressured.
"Stuffy stuff stuff, I responded, hoping he would knock it off. But luck was not in my favor.
"Am I annoying you?"
"Yes,"
"Then tell me and then I'll stop,"
"Alright Gordon, it's your funeral," I replied, pouring out the contents of my bag. A chocolate bar, a box of pads and tampons, and the magazine.
"Happy?" I asked.
"Wait, what's this?" Luke asked, picking up the magazine.
"Oh yeah. I made front page. The paps are starting noticing me." I said, crawling into my unmade bed. Nice and isolated.