Isolation

That buzzing noise is awful. That was the first thought that came into my brain as I woke up in The Lobby. Where am I? I thought. How did I get here? I tried to rack my brain for answers, but nothing came to me.

How I'd got here... where I was from... who my family was... who I was.

If anything, I'll need food. This basic need came to my mind quickly. I got up from the floor and looked around the room. From what I could tell, some sort of celebration was occurring.

Disturbing, I thought, noticing literal human toes hanging from the doorframe. There was a large vent in the back of the room, and two ladders. One space was labeled "noclip here," whatever that meant. Slightly below it and to the right was some sort of frame.

Time to find a way out of here. I walked directly under the toes and into a small hallway, before emerging into a large yellow room. There was a large blue portal to the side, reminding me of something from a distant memory. The portal in my memory was purple, but I couldn't place where it was from.

I noticed an arrow on the wall pointed to the right. Looking down the yellow hallway, I noticed another arrow in the distance. I reminded myself to come back to the mysterious portal later. I began to follow the trail of arrows, passing by a large hanging claw mechanism from the ceiling. Curious, I walked towards it and found a small room with a heavy metal door. I retraced my steps and continued to follow the arrows, taking note of a few lockers.

When I reached the third arrow, I heard a voice behind me. "Hey there, man!" I turned around, excited to find someone else down here. Instead I came face to face with an ugly, green humanoid being that looked vaguely familiar. It was coming straight for me. Panicked, I began to run away from it. It swiftly began to chase me.

I began to sprint away, before hearing the third noise. "Rrrooaaaarrr!" A black creature made entirely of lines was coming straight for me from ahead. With no other choice, I hopped onto one of the lockers. To my surprise, Ugly and Liney stopped at the locker. They moved around the bottom, but eventually gave up, retreating down the hallway.

So the lockers are a safe spot, I thought. I climbed down from the locker and began to follow the trail of arrows. "Hello?" a voice asked. I noticed a humanoid cookie slowly approaching me. Was this creature friendly? I stepped towards it, only for it to suddenly slash into my side. I leaped backwards and screamed in pain.

"Not friendly, not friendly," I said quickly. A donkey and a creepy smile were following closely behind the cookie. I ran back toward the locker, but doubt sprung into my mind. Aren't donkeys able to jump decently high? I asked myself. I couldn't remember. Not wanting to risk it, instead I opted for the room with the metal door I had seen before. I quickly backtracked to the room and closed the door behind me.

I sat in the dark, gasping as several voices spoke at once behind the door. Cookie's "hello,"s, Liney's roaring, and the casual voice of Ugly. Either Donkey or Smiler was emitting some sort of scream, and there was that consistent, dull, awful buzzing noise. And then there was a new noise. A sort of "shromp!" sound, which occurred five times in a row. Ugly roared, and my imagination went wild. What was happening out there? Five more "shromp"s and an explosion sound. Five more, another roar. A loud "clang!" And then silence.

I heard footsteps slowly approaching the door- not Ugly's heavy footsteps, light footsteps. Could that be another human? I wondered.

Then the door opened, and I met my first human in this strange place. "Are you coming out of here?" she asked.