Motion

When I stepped out of the room, I noticed that the steel claw was now closed. So that explains the clang noise, I thought. I turned towards my rescuer. "Thank you so much for saving me!" I said.

She simply shrugged. "I'm a part of the BOT. We're supposed to protect. I take it you're new to this place?"

I nodded. "What's the bot?" I asked. "Is it some sort of robot factory?"

She shook her head. "Not bot. B-O-T. It stands for Backrooms Order Team. We were formed to protect all forms of human life that exists in the Backrooms... or as Red calls it, the Backrealities."

My brain was literally bursting with questions. "Who's Red?" I asked.

She waved off the question. "Red's a crazy wanderer who came from some other dimensional plane. He claims that compared to that Backrooms, this one is like heaven. He's obviously never been to some of the quirkier levels." She glanced around. "Come on, let's get you to the next level. I see the hallucinations have already got to you... have a drink, you'll feel better."

She tossed me a bottle of liquid. I suddenly realized how thirsty I was, and quickly drank. My cuts from the run-in with Cookie quickly vanished. "This drink's amazing," I gasped. "Thanks... I'm sorry, I never got your name-"

"Rose," she said, smiling. "That in your hand is a bottle of almond water. It heals most injuries and temporarily quiets down the buzz on this level."

I smiled back. "Nice to meet you, Rose," I said. "I don't remember my name, though."

"That's fine," Rose said. "None of us do. Let me think... Does Dove seem alright for you?"

"Dove..." I said slowly, trying it out. "Yeah, that name feels good."

"Hello?" called out a Cookie.

Rose whirled around and pulled out a weapon made out of bones. She swiftly shot the Cookie four times in a row, causing it to scream and blow up. "Those are the hallucinations,"

Rose said, hurrying towards the next arrow. "Let's move. And watch out for those black stains," she said, pointing to the black spot on the carpet I'd walked past earlier. I quickly moved to the side.

"What are the hallucinations?" I asked, confused. The Cookie had seemed very real when it attacked me.

Rose paused and turned towards me. "This level plays tricks on our minds. It creates hallucinations of things from back home and spits them out here- drawings, things from movies and TV shows. They come here with the wanderers- the smiler hallucination, for example, arrived with Red."

Up ahead, I noticed a green sign hanging from the wall labeled "Exit." Just inside the doorway was a squarish hole. "Where does that go?" I asked.

"Dove, listen very carefully. This level is one of many levels. They are scattered all throughout a negative space known as The Void. This level is located almost directly above the level known as Motion. Be careful where you step in some of these levels, or you may end up in the void."

"I will," I promised. I didn't want to find out what The Void was like.

"Well, see you on the other side!" Rose leaped down the hole and quickly disappeared.

I pressed down my fear and jumped down after her, landing with a thud on a grassy hill. The hill was strangely round, and I became aware of several similar hills in the surrounding area.

Rose was standing in front of me and offered a hand up, which I accepted. "Dove," she said, "Welcome to Motion."