The Heads

We had eaten our sandwiches, cleaned up after ourselves and started following Azazel again the next morning.  

Azazel stopped in front of a huge, intricately carved sandstone gateway that literally had nothing behind or around it. It was like a closet door that hadn't been fitted into its body. As we walked up to it, I observed that there was a slight glow to the sandstone, and the threshold was bejeweled with tiny gemstones. 

He led us through the blinding white light inside the gateway and a ticklish sensation spread across my body. Opening my eyes, I was still holding Xander and Odette's hands, but Azazel Jeoffrey was nowhere around. 

We were in a cyberpunk plus magic style place. In front of us, there were advanced spaceships and retro-styled, magical trains. 

"This place is... awesome." Odette uttered, the feeling of reverential respect perceptible in her voice.  

Xander tapped my shoulder and pointed to a group of splendidly dressed people that were approaching us, a warm smile stretched on each person's face. A woman with stick straight blonde hair reaching her waist knelt down in front of us. Her dark eyes sparkled unnaturally.

~~~~~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I was laying down on the bed in my cabin, facing the ceiling, absorbed in deep thought.

They separated us into different cabins. Yeah, right. Whatever. That woman introduced herself as Briella Simpson. I curled myself into fetal position at the thought of whatever she had mentioned. I was going to keep training continually until the age of 20. Why? And that I was only going to get my first mission at the age of 16? Geez, why wait so long? 

I groaned sluggishly and put myself to sleep under the duvet, ready for the upcoming years of intensive mage training...

(Note from the Writer)

I humbly apologize for the lack of dialogues and so much description, but I guarantee that the mission ahead will involve a good amount of speech. 

I avoid writing really long chapters, so please excuse the length of this part. I'm aiming to write another story along with this one, and I hope you'll like it. Although, it's not guaranteed that I have enough energy to write that story as well, so please do not get your hopes up on the matter.