Chapter 1. Crash

"Oh, I got it, Artoo." The whirlwind of beeps the astromech sounded was enough to add yet another worry to Luke.

Luke Skywalker and his trusted astromech, R2-D2, were on their way back home after a successful mission for the Rebellion. However, fate had other plans in store for them as their starship experienced a catastrophic malfunction. The ship got damaged after an unpleasant encounter with some space pirates, well, there was a bounty on his head and probably an expensive one since he was always chased whenever he was out on missions for the rebellion, the senate, or his own missions.

"Well, the hyperspace isn't working, we have to land somewhere to have the ship repaired. Although I do not think this will be repaired quickly nor easily" He turned to the droid, sighing. "Or not at all. Luck's on my side" He joked, sarcastically, earning more exasperated sounds from the R2 unit. He searched for some routes to the closest planets on the Outer Rim, deciding on the first one he saw.

"Alright, Nevarro then, I'm setting course, Artoo." Another stream of beeps made apparent his discontent. "Ah, I can't contact Leia or Han, the systems aren't working. We'll have to figure out a way to contact them for help when we land on this planet."

The landing was a bit turbulent, but the ship hadn't got in a worse shape than it already was. Luke didn't bother to change from his orange flight suit to his black robes and boots, more worried about finding a solution to his problem and going back home. He helped Artoo off the ship and looked around, taking in his surroundings. This planet, somehow, reminded him of Tatooine.

Nevarro had a hot climate due to it being a terrestrial volcanic planet, located in the Outer Rim Territories. An ashen world of black sands, rocky and volcanic terrain that consisted of regions of rocky flats and hills, along with vast fields of lava that contained lava rivers, both on the surface and underground. Although it was really hot, its atmosphere was breathable (to some species, at least).

He took his time- Artoo's time, the astromech couldn't go any faster- walking through the strange streets of the arid planet looking for a place to ask for assistance.

"Hey, maybe we can find something here!" He ended up entering a cantina, Artoo following close by his side. Standing at the entrance, they gained the attention of the various types of different species, and he could only presume most of them were bounty hunters of some kind. Luke looked around until he settled his eyes on someone who looked back at him. He must be someone important here. He sat on a stool at the bar after ordering a non-alcoholic drink and stayed there, having a conversation with Artoo.

An armored man, clad in a silver steel helmet as the rest of the armor was a different (and battered) steel of some sort, entered a few minutes later, walking straight to the man Luke exchanged glances and sat at the same table the man was.

"Hey, Mando!" The man said, apparently in a good mood. The mandalorian nodded his head in response. "Looking for a job?" He took a sip of the glass he was holding. "I have a feeling I've seen that face before." He shrugged his shoulders. Mando followed the man's gaze and his eyes landed on Luke.

"I haven't seen him around before." Mando turned his head, taking in the full image of the blonde.

"Neither have I. I'll talk to him, ask him if he even knows where he is." He let out a chuckle. He raised his hand and said a loud 'Hey!', Luke quickly turned his head in the duo's direction, and the smile on his face disappeared just as fast. The man made a hand gesture of 'come over here', and Luke looked both his directions before rising from the stool and telling Artoo to follow him.

"Uh, hi." The blonde gave a timid smile. "You called me, sir?"

"Hello, I'm Greef Karga, the leader of the Bounty Hunter's Guild." He presented himself and motioned for Luke to sit at the table, which he did. "Do you know where you are?"