Chapter 2. Surrounded

Din Djarin walked through the streets of the capital city of Nevarro, an ashen world with black sands and lava flows that became a port and a trading hub in the Outer Rim. After his last bounty, he thought to lay low for a while. Until a new big bounty appears.

Making his way to the cantina, which was the headquarters of the Bounty Hunter's Guild, he couldn't help but notice a ship, a few meters away, and for the looks of it, it was an X-Wing Starfighter, all but destroyed. He didn't stay long to figure out what happened to it and resumed his way to the cantina.

As he entered, Greef Karga waved at him, so he approached and sat down next to him.

"Hey, Mando!" The man said in a good mood. Looking for a job?" He grinned. The Mandalorian just nodded with his head.

He took a sip of the glass he was holding. "I have a feeling I've seen that face before." He shrugged his shoulders. Mando followed the man's gaze and his eyes landed on Luke.

"I haven't seen him around before." Mando turned his head, taking in the full image of the blonde.

"Neither have I. I'll talk to him, ask him if he even knows where he is." He let out a chuckle. He raised his hand and said a loud 'Hey!',

He watched him walk to them, taking in every movement, every detail of his appearance. 'This is a high-paying bounty' he noted, and Karga knew that for the way he was stalling so he could be prepared.

A few meters before the man in flight suit reached their table, he sent a message in a low voice, one of the perks of having a helmet on is that he could be subtle.

"Be in position. I'll be coming in with a bounty." The mandalorian said before ending the communication.

The plan was simple to accomplish. It was their same tactic most of the time.

They would lure the bounty to the ship, take them by surprise, and freeze them in carbonite. Quick and easy, they wouldn't even have time to react.

The man, Skywalker by what he gathered from the conversation he and Karga had, and he wasn't exactly paying attention, but Skywalker was a name that couldn't pass unnoticed. He had heard it a few times in the last few weeks. The man who fought Darth Vader and got out of it alive.

And currently one of the highest bounties.

"I need some help to contact my friends, since my ship is damaged and the comm systems aren't working." Skywalker said.

"I can help you." He made his presence known, his voice deep through the vocoder.

"Really?" And the helmeted man nodded. "Cool, thank you." He smiled. "I don't think my ship can even be repaired, I need to head back home, so I'll ask for my friends to come pick me up" He looked down.

The Mandalorian man rose and Luke took it as his cue to follow. "Thank you." He said to Karga.

"I'll take care of this, we can talk later." The man in silver said as he waved his hand.

"Alright, I'll come check on you two later." And they left.

Walking up front, and the man following behind, he ran his eyes through the location, searching for his accomplices.

After he spotted them, he resumed his trek to the Razor Crest.

What he couldn't predict was that his bounty wasn't as naive as he had seem to be. The last thing he knew, Skywalker bolted out running, and then two mandalorians following behind.

"Let's go, Djarin! Or are you gonna let him escape?!" Vizla yelled. The silver one ran right behind them when he realized what was happening. Running as fast as he could, he only could see a flash of orange. That little guy was fast!

As he approached them, up ahead there was a dead end. Great, now all that was left was to collect the bounty. There was no way that small guy could handle three mandalorians in a fight.

Or, he could be totally mistaken.

He watched with curiosity as Skywalker lifted both his friends in the air like they were as light as a feather.

"Jetii!" Vizla whispered, just as Djarin was getting closer to the commotion.

"Aru'e!" Vizla exclaimed.

"Really?" Luke whined, almost breathlessly, his hair messy  but still in place.

"Well, I could've guessed I shouldn't trust you." He added, rolling his eyes, still holding out his hands in the air, the fingers spread open, besides his messy hair and breathless voice, there wasn't a single drop of sweat on his forehead or any visible part of his body.

"Release my companions." Djarin finally yelled.

"Are they gonna get me the moment I let them go?" He eyed him, and an eyebrow rose.

"No, I assure you they won't. He breathed through his vocoder. "Let them go."

With a single gesture of that his hands, both Mandalorians fell, their heavy armor making a loud sound as soon as they made contact with the floor.

"Djarin!" Vizla complained again. "Vod! What about our deal?" His hand was placed in the gun holster, ready to shoot.

"Forget it" He ordered, his voice stern.

"Deal?" Skywalker's face hardened. "Oh, I see what is happening here." He took a step back. "You were going to ambush me."

"I... yes." The Mandalorian sighed. "But I did change my mind about-"

"Oh really?" Luke scoffed. "What can I even expect in a place like this." He shook his head accusingly and turned to leave.

"Wait!" Djarin didn't think twice before calling him back, what was also a surprise to him as it was to the man before him.

"What?"

"Maybe we can work out a deal." He offered.

"Hum, what are you proposing, exactly?" Skywalker suspiciously raised an eyebrow.

"You need to get home, correct? I'll help with that if there's something in it for me." Djarin said directly.

The blonde put a hand on his chin, obviously thinking if it was worthy. After a minute or two, he finally decided to speak.

"Alright, let's do it like this," Skywalker began, "I'll pay you to protect me."

"How much?" He could deduct the Mandalorian raised his brow underneath that helmet.

"Um... more than they're offering." He contorted his face. "I don't know how much that is, but I'll pay more!"

The Mandalorian changed his posture from a fight stance to a less stiff pose, still holding his blaster, but it wasn't pointed at the Jedi before him. This man- boy, he looked more like a boy than a man- dressed in simple black garments didn't look like someone who had that much money, but he sounded genuine, and the Mandalorian wasn't cold-hearted, he could still have some sympathy to spare. He stretched out his hand for him to shake.

"It's a deal, then."