Glossary of Terms

Verana - The realm / continent where the shifters live.

Vesenia - The territory where the main character lives.

Valtea - The official territory of the Royal Kingdom, although they rule over the entire realm.

Aarnita - One of the territories and Packs that make up Verana.

Iebren - One of the territories and Packs that make up Verana.

The wall - A stone wall constructed around Vesenia's territory enchanted with magic.

The embrace - The land inside Vesenia's border wall.

The Veil - The magical barrier that separates Verana from the other realms.

Mother - The deity that Vesnians worship.

Shifter - The people that inhabit the realm, able to shapeshift into wolves.

Alpha - The male leader of a Pack.

Luna - The female leader of a Pack.

Beta - The second in command of a Pack.

Outcast - A former member of the Vesenian Pack that has been exiled to the embrace for minor crimes. They still live within Vesenia's territory.

Rogue - A shifter that has no loyalty to any Pack, and roams between the different territories in Verana.

The Running of the Wolves - An annual festival in Vesenia that celebrates coming of age.

The proving - The trial that trainee warriors must pass to become full warriors.

The Great War - A battle that occurred 500 years ago between the shifters and the fae.

Fae - Faeries. Live in their own realm through the Veil.

The Treaty - The agreement signed to end the The Great War.

Unseelie Court - A faerie court, usually consisting of wicked fae that like to plot, scheme, torture and kill.