chapter 1

Amani pov

"Amani, come here," my dad yelled from downstairs. "Yes," I replied, scared that he was going to blame something on me.  " Go to the deli and see if there is any alcohol there if there is get me the kind I usually get." He slured on his words almost done with his 7th beer today. I didn't say anything but go upstairs to grab my shoes.

I walked to the deli trying to hurry up so he didn't yell at me when I got back. I got there and walked in towards the alcohol. The cashier is friends with my dad, so he knows when I come to get beer or other illegal things, it's for my dad. I grabbed the beer and went to get some things for me bc why not while I'm here, I won't have to sneak out later.

I walked and bumped into someone, causing them to drop their stuff. " watch where you're going bitch" the boy said while his friends watched what happened . I started picking up all of his things and handed it to him. " I'm sorry I wasn't watching where I was going it's my fault."

I said, kind of panicking. " Nah, you good. Why are you panicking?" He asked me. " I can't really answer that." I said. If I tell anyone what happens at home, my dad will kill me. " I'm notti and that's dd and that's ddot,  what's your name?" He said, trying to start a conversation. " I'm Amani and I would love to talk but I have to go it's important." I said before getting a good look at them, then leaving.

I paid for all of my things and left. By the time I got home, my dad was mad at how long it took. "Why the hell did it take you so long to get me my beer?" He yelled, coming closer to me. " I dont know I r-ran into th-this boy an-" I stuttered but got interrupted. " So you were out being a smoochie instead of getting my beer? Is that what I'm hearing?" He yelled louder. I just shook my head. He walked closer to me and grabbed my wrist hard. " No, dad, I promise I wasn't. I was just trying to help pick up his stuff, I promise." I said, trying to get him to let go. There was a knock on the door. " You're so lucky I swear," he said before going to open the door.

I went upstairs trying not to pay any attention to what was happening. I dont know why he is like that. I have a feeling it's cause mom died, but  I hate this feeling of almost getting hurt by my own father.

Omniscient

Ddot watched as the girl quickly left the conversation confused about what had just happened."Who was that, and why did she look so scared?" dd asked his brother confused. " nigga how I'm supposed to know why she scared but her name is amani." Notti said going to go pay. "Yo, there is this party you guys wanna slide?" Ddot asked both boys. " yea fs," notti said while walking out the store.

Meanwhile, with Amani. She was cleaning up the living room, trying to make it look neat while her dad was out doing God knows what. He phone started ringing. It was her best friend Alex. " Hey, bestie," Alex said, smiling into the camera. " heyy Alex, what's up." Amani asked whole, still throwing beer bottles away. No one knew about her situation, not even her best friend. All she knows is her dad's an alcoholic that's it nothing about the abuse or anything like that.

" So there's a party, and I was wondering if you would go with me." Alex asked her best friend of 14 years. " You know my dad is going to say no." She said truthfully her dad didn't let her do anything like going to a party. He thinks she might tell someone what's going on at home.

" Is your dad home?" Alex asked." No, he won't be home till 11:30 ." She responded. " Then come. I'll come over the help to get ready, and then we will be back before he gets home. I promise the party starts at 8" Alex tried to convince her. " ok, but if I get caught, it's your fault." Amani gave in. " Yes ok I'll be over soon," Alex cheered.

If only Amani knew what she was getting herself into.

A/n

This is the first chapter I will be having notti, dd and ddot become friends with Amani then other thing will lead to more.