chapter 20

Rayan

"I wish the same, Rey," she said as her forehead rested against mine, she closed her eyes to control the blush that crept on and the smile on my face became more prominent than it already was.

"Don't you ever wish that some moments last forever?" she asked, with her eyes still closed and my eyes on her

"I feel that way about this moment sweetheart"

"You're stealing my heart, shut up," she said, burying her head in my neck

"You know something?' I said after a while

"Hmm?"

"I never thought I'd ever get to kiss you"

"What if I tell you that I would kiss you back even if I was in a coma?"

"Why is that so? enlighten me, sweetheart." I asked out of genuine curiosity

"Because honey, you're not just a random guy, you're Rayan" My Rayan, I could see the words in her eyes, even though she didn't say it, I knew her enough. I just wish I would've met this girl sooner.

"You're making me feel things I've never felt, love," she said

Her statement made my whole body internally go crazy, "You just made me the happiest man in the world" I said, and I swiftly picked her in my arms and looked at her from below.

"Oh my god, put me down," she said, laughing. I love her laugh, the way her voice just completely disappears and the way she gasps for breaths when she's almost done laughing. I will never get enough of loving the smallest things about it.

"You're so beautiful," I said, putting her down

"How many times have you said that?" she said, caressing my cheek.

"As many times as I want to," I said and kissed her again, she slightly shuddered under my touch like she does every time I kiss her. I used to be a worthless piece of shit, but she makes me feel like someone. It's crazy how I'll never be enough. I think I'm losing myself but to her, and I'd gladly do that.

She pulled apart, "It's 6, let's go to the place I told you I wanted to take you," she said and held my wrist, and dragged me to her car.

* * *

We walked to her car, and I called Darshil to let him know that we fled from there and earned myself some profanities so, I put my phone down and walked to the passenger seat.

Maya held my wrist out of a sudden, "Wait, do you want to drive?" she asked

"You want me to?"

"You said you loved my car, and I trust you enough to not get us both killed, so if that answers your question, yes. I want you to drive"

"Okay, quite the explanation. Vakeel ban jati to better hota," i muttered, 

(If you would've become a lawyer, it would be better)

"Kya kaha?" she asked, sending glares my way 

(What did you say?)

"Nothing"

"Where are we going," I said as I walked to the other side and sat in the driver's seat.

"Here, I'll put the navigation in." She said and I nodded. She then handed me her phone.

"So this place is not just some random garden. It's very special to me and Ira. Or at least it was."

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Maya. I cannot imagine losing a friend that way"