ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

𝙂𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙖 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤😭

𝙅𝙖𝙠𝙚'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

I quickly went into the club room as the school bell rang. Hailey told me she had something important to talk about.

"So, what did you wanna talk about, Hailey?"

If this is about the recording again I'm gonna hit myself. 

"It's about the recording."

No I'm not hitting myself, that was a joke. 

"I want to know why you said those words."

Here we go again. I hope she believes my reasons. I know they are not that believable, but God knows I'm not just making up excuses. 

"Well, you see... I was with Drew and others the other day."

She tilted her head cutely, meaning that she's curious about it and wants me to continue.  I got some confedence from that and continued talking. 

"We were just chilling then they they started talking down on the club and...you."

She was annoyed, but not surprised.

"They told me you were just using me because you cannot sing on stage yourself. They forced me admit the so called 'fact' that you all were freaks trying to take control over me. I tried to defend you at first, but..."

Silence for few seconds.

"Is that it?"

I stayed silent for a few seconds, I was nervous. Then I finally answered her question. 

"No... No it's not it."

I went silent again. She looked at me, making it it obvious that she was suspicious over me. 

"Jake, I know something's up. You can tell me. We're friends, remember?"

Friends. We're friends again. I'm friends with the others and her again. I can tell her. 

"Before we went to Drew's house, I realized I left something of mine in the clubroom. But when I was about to walk in, I saw Daisy and... Sean."

She looked at me surprisedly, with a sad look in her eyes. She didn't say anything so I just continued. 

"They looked like they were pretty close. I wanted to assume that they're nothing more than close friends, but I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Then Zoey showed me this photo, and they looked like they were... dating."

She looked really surprised, but kinda skeptical at the same time. 

"Sean wouldn't do that."

"I hoped so too. But I felt hurt, y'know? Seeing your friend getting closer with your crush than she is with you. Sean already told me that there's no such thing like that, but I just can't help it."

I felt like crying for a moment, but I quickly pulled myself together. I shouldn't look pathetic right now. 

Hailey also looked really sad, I didn't understand why. I guess she was just pity over me. 

"So I just felt under pressure, y'know? I wanted to end that conversation, so I just said every bad thing that came to my mind to make them satisfied."

Hailey looked down for a few seconds. She looked like she felt a kind of... guilt I guess?

"It's okay Jake, I believe you. We have to go to class now, we're almost late."

I agreed by shaking my head, I was happy to end this conversation. I got out of the room and walked to class. 

𝙃𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙮'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

I was feeling guilty when I got out of the clubroom. How could I be so stupid? I should've heard Jake out back then. Maybe things would have been better between us. But it doesn't matter now, does it? But there's something that bothers me even though I don't want it to. 

I couldn't help but think about Jake's crush on Daisy. I knew he liked her all since, but suddenly it hurts. Why would I be sad over a friend liking a friend? 

"Hailey!"

I hear a voice calling my name. 

"God, no need to shout. What is it, Zander?"

"You've been daydreaming since the beginning of the lesson! You don't hear when I call you out! Did something happen?"

"No really, I'm just a bit tired!" I lied, hoping that he would believe it.

"Oookay then..." He said, it was obvious that he didn't buy it. But if he didn't ask, then no problem! 

I tried focusing on the lesson, but I couldn't. Since the competition is over, will Jake ask Daisy out now? If so, what will she say? Jake's really nice and gentle, and he does look really good even though I try to deny it. Who would reject a guy like that? If she rejects him would I have a chance? 

... 

Wait, what chance? What am I even thinking about?! I don't even like him why would I want a chance with him! 

I get rid of my thoughts with the sound of the bell ringing. I stand up and get ready for our first rehearsal after the competition, and the awkward talk between me and Jake. 

𝙁𝙄𝙉𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙀𝘾𝙊𝙉𝘿 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙎 𝙍𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙔💪

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙢𝙜💀

804 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨.