'Relax, Doc' Part III

A.N.: Part three my friends, 1.5k words

TW: Reader cusses once, there's a short reference to Spencer being a hostage before but no details

Thursday, October 20th

"Y/N!" Isa's voice carried through their paper-thin walls.

"Yeah?" She shouted back.

"I'm going out!" Isa replied.

Y/N stepped out of her room, spotting Isa dressed up in the kitchen. "Wait, with who?"

"You remember that one kid from my psychology class?"

"Uh... starts with a T?"

"Taylor." Isa winked. "They finally asked me out."

"That's cool." Y/N grabbed a drink from the fridge. "...Why are you telling me?"

"Because it is a school night and I will be back at exactly 10 o'clock, and if I spot a Volvo Amazon in the parking lot I will be very disappointed that you're keeping secrets from me."

Y/N took a sip in silence before she realized. "You know what car he drives?"

Isa shrugged. "I'm just saying."

"You suck." She sneezed.

"There's cookie dough in the freezer."

"I love you."

"That's what I thought." Isa laughed. "Have fun tonight."

"You too."

The door closed behind her. Y/N sighed, enjoying the silence. She drummed her fingers against the countertop, bored. She checked her phone, which had previously been open on her contacts. The white letters "SR" flashed across the screen. She felt too stalker-y searching up a photo for his contact, so for now he remained 'Spencer Reid', with an empty gray background. She glanced at the call icon.

Should she? Should she wait for him to call her? What if he was busy? What if he actually just felt bad for her and gave her his number out of sympathy? What if he was just as nervous as she was?

Screw it.

The call rang five times before he picked up. Silence on the other end.

She squeezed her hand into a tight fist. "...Spencer?"

"Hi! Um, hello." Spencer's voice was heard. There was some rustling around in the background. "What's up?"

"Uhm, just checking in on you." Y/N said. "Are you doing okay?"

"Me? I'm fine." Spencer said, but not before Y/N heard a slight strangled sound.

"Did you just stop a sneeze?" Y/N asked.

"...no."

"You'd think the FBI would train you in lying." Y/N joked. "What if you were taken hostage or something?"

Spencer didn't say anything, just sneezed.

"Oh shit- have you been taken hostage before?"

Spencer cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"I am so sorry, that's so insensitive of me." Y/N apologized. "I figured as a profiler you worked more of a desk job-"

"The job description is intentionally vague." Spencer quipped back.