✿SPARKS✿ | Chapter 1 | LOID

LOID

I certainly didn't expect this turn of events when Anya came home with a Stella Star. Her 3rd Stella Star! When she got that second Bolt, I really thought our original plan was completely out of the question, but I guess not.

Since Anya started to study with the older man, Sigmund, next door, I thought maybe she'd have a shot of at least passing. I didn't expect her to get the top score in her entire class.

"We have to celebrate this!" I exclaimed with joy as Anya showed me the papers. "Anya, I'm so proud of you. We'll go out to a brewery tonight. They'll have all sorts of games for us to play, and me and Yor can get a few drinks."

Of course, I have no plans of getting actual alcohol. I could spill something crucial and that would be awful. Yor can drink, I know she'll want to. I'll make sure she gets home safe.

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵

Well, I was right. Yor did get drunk. After teaching Anya how to play billiards, I went back to our table to grab my water. As I lean onto the table, taking a sip, a drunken Yor stumbles over, leaning most of her weight on me, "Loid? Ish das you?"

I help her stay upright, my hands on her hips, "Yor, how much have you had to drink?"

"Ohhh, jush like... shree!... maybe more."

I sigh under my breath, gently running my fingers through her long, black hair, "Maybe we should get you home. I think you've had too much to drink."

"Nooo, I'm fshine!" Yor waves me off, her fingertips lightly brushing my cheek. That's... odd. Her touch felt funny. Maybe she's using some new form of lotion?

Yor stumbles over again, and I catch her in my arms. In the candlelight they have set up (for, I don't know, aesthetics?) her black hair shines and her red eyes sparkle. I've always thought the color of her eyes was unsettling, but in this light, it looks beautifu- No, pull yourself together, Twilight. This is just apart of Operation Strix. Don't form emotional bonds.

But I can't help myself from sneaking another glance at her. She always looks beautiful, (god, what am I doing?) but she always looks so formal and regal in her black skirt and white cardigan. Just- a beautiful woman. I wish things were different.

No, what the hell are you doing? Things aren't different, and she's not beautiful. Pull yourself together, Twilight.

At this point, she can't stand by herself. Yor's head is resting on my chest, and I don't think I've ever felt more flustered. Everyone around us is just looking at this as if we're a normal married couple, but we aren't a couple.

Well, not a real couple, anyway. I don't like her like that. No, I don't. That's right. We're just platonic. Our relationship is strictly for business.

But throughout the rest of the time we spend at the brewery, I can't keep my eyes off Yor. It's like I'm seeing her in a whole new light. Every time our skin brushes up against each other's, even slightly, I feel like I'm going to explode.

She can't walk by herself, so I carry her and Anya home. It takes everything in me not to tell her how beautiful she is. Every part of me is praying, begging for her to just smile at me, and when she does, I feel like I'm melting like the Wicked Witch of the West. What is this feeling? I can't be in love with her, right?

I set Yor in her room before I go and tuck Anya in. Anya has some sort of smug look on her face, and when I question her about it, she brushes it off. Okay then...

When I head back to my room to get ready for bed, having already taken off my shirt as I walked down the hallway, I notice a lump under the blankets on my bed. My first reaction is to attack, but then I see black hair sticking out, and I realize it's just Yor. Wait, what is Yor doing in my room?

"Uhm.. Yor? Are you alright?" I cautiously approach her, setting my shirt on my dresser as I walk towards her.

I'm met with the sounds of snoring. Yor is asleep. In my room. In my bed. What the hell is she doing in here?

I sigh and shake my head. Guess I'll just sleep on the couch tonight. As I turn to leave, I hear a little whine from the drunken mess on my bed, "Loi-loi, don't leave."

I feel my face heat up as she uses that nickname Yuri always calls me. "Yor, you're really wasted. I'm just going to sleep on the couch-"

Yor sits up and looks at me with pleading eyes, "Please."

I want to say no. I want to leave. But I can't. She looks so sad, I can't hurt her. I can't leave her in this state. I close my eyes and bite my lip, saying quietly, "Fine."

The second I climb into bed next to Yor, she snuggles up to me. Her head rests on my chest, and she's weaseled under my arm so I'm holding her. I've given up at trying to stop her at this point. She's just going to do what she wants.

I run one hand through her hair, the other tracing circles on her back. This feels.. oddly nice. Peaceful, even. But it's all for the mission. Yep, just for Operation Strix. I'm just going to ignore all the thoughts in my brain telling me to kiss her goodnight.

Yor falls right back asleep, her snores quieted. I want to get up and leave, but she looks so comfortable, and I can't bare to ruin her peace.

Goddamnit, Twilight, what are you doing?

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵

Hello :D Thank you for reading the first chapter!! Ik I'm rushing into things, but the manga has prolonged their relationship enough, I'm getting a lil tired of waiting for them to realize their feelings for each other. If this gains enough traction, I'll continue it. If it doesn't, I don't think I'll have any motivation to continue. So if you read this and you like it, please let me know!! I'd love to continue it if people are enjoying it.