✿UNTIL I FOUND YOU✿ | Chapter 4 | YOR

YOR

Loid and I haven't spoken about that night, and it's been weeks. Neither of us even tries to bring it up.

We've just been acting as if everything was normal, except for the fact that now we're very touchy with each other. And, most nights, I end up climbing into bed with him.

Not in that way! I mean, sometimes in that way, but just to cuddle most times. It's really nice. He's so sweet and honest, I don't think there's anything I don't know about him anymore.

The first time he brings it up, we're sitting on his bed. He has a record playing from his turntable; a soft, romantic album. I'm laying with my head in his lap as he braids my hair, "Hey, Yor?"

"Yeah?" I hum in response.

"What's going on between us?"

I open my mouth to say something, figuring a different question, but my breath gets caught in my throat and it takes a moment for me to be able to speak, "...what?"

"I asked what's going on between us. What... why are we doing all of this?" His hands pause, and I almost think about whining to get him to keep doing my hair, but they quickly go back to work after I give him a face.

"I... I don't..." I swallow, trying to get my breathing back under control. Shit. And before I can collect my thoughts, it just comes spilling out like word vomit.

"Loid, I know our marriage is just for convenience, but I've grown to really, really like you and I think I'm in love with you." It all comes out fast and jumbled, my thoughts pouring into words finally after weeks.

Loid goes silent, my words sinking into his brain. I close my eyes and wait for him to tell me I'm crazy, or an apology because he doesn't feel the same, but it never comes. Instead, his hand lightly brushes my cheek.

"I think I'm in love with you too, Yor." I open my eyes, and I swear this is the most vulnerable I've ever seen this man. His blue eyes are softened, filled with love and affection. I'm fairly shy with most people, but not usually him. But when he looks at me like that, I feel 10 times shyer than anytime I converse with anyone else.

I love when he kisses me. It's soft and sweet, polite and gentle. He kisses me like he's trying to memorize the feeling of my lips on his.

But there's nothing sweet about our kiss when it intensifies. I've sat up at this point, his hands on my hips and my arms around his neck. Whilst his touch is gentle, his mouth moves against mine in what seems like desperation. Like he hates every moment that he can't touch me.

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵

After everything, we just lay in his bed. The record stopped forever ago, but neither of us wants to get up to flip it. I'm resting my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

I thought he was asleep, but then I hear him whisper, "Yor."

I rest my chin on him, meeting his gaze, "Yeah?"

"There's something I should be honest with you about."

Oh god, what is it? Has he been seeing someone else and is finally coming clean about it? We never said anything about us seeing other people, since this marriage was supposed to be fake.

"Yor." It's as if he can hear my panicking thoughts, because he snaps me right out of them. "I know what you're thinking, and no, I'm not seeing someone else. Only you, my girl."

I feel like I'm going to explode when he calls me his girl. My face is probably beat red, and he chuckles a bit, tucking a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"B-but, if you aren't seeing someone, what is it?"

Loid takes a deep breath, "I'm not... really a therapist."

I tilt my head to the side in confusion, "Huh?"

Loid studies my face for a moment, before he continues, "I'm.. uh... actually head of the hospital psychology unit."

"Oh, really? That's amazing, Loid! You're such an amazing man."

I can see the slightest blush appear on his cheeks, and he nods, "I try my best."

"Your best is always amazing." I lean up and give him a quick kiss. He smiles, and I can't help a hint of sadness in his smile. Or maybe guilt. I just assume it's something to do with his late wife, maybe they had moments like these too.

"L-Loid, I know I won't ever compare to your previous wife, but I'm always going to try my best for you. Even if I'm not perfect, I'll always do everything I can for you and Anya."

He smiles, "Yor, you don't have anything to live up to. You are your own person, you're not just a replacement for her. You mean a lot more to me than that."

He always knows just what to say to make me feel better. His smile and kind words just make my heart melt instantly. I nuzzle up to him, "Thank you Loid. I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't met you."

"You would've been just fine," he whispers softly.

"No. I need you. You make me feel complete." I wrap my arms around him.

His hands stroke my hair, gently scraping against my scalp. I'm so tired, but so awake. I want to be awake to savor every moment with him, but after all the extra assassinations I've had to do, I'm exhausted. And his arms feel so nice.

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵

Okay y'all have to let me know if you gen want a smut scene between them bc I feel like it's gonna be cringe so if you actually want it i'll make one 😭
I have the plot set out for this story, and I'm planning about 10-15 chapters