bittersweet

July 28th

-Billie's pov- 

I woke up next to Lisa, who was still peacefully asleep. I leaned in and gave her a few gentle pecks on the cheek and her lips. When she finally opened her eyes, she flashed me a smile. 

"How did you sleep?" I asked, curious about her night.

"I couldn't fall asleep, so I'm still tired," she confessed, her voice filled with a hint of sadness.

"Why is that?"

"I got sad because I'm so happy," she explained, leaving me puzzled.

"What do you mean?" 

"I just really like you, and it makes me sad to think that this trip is ending soon. I wish it could last longer. Just sucks to think about. I'm just bad at living in the moment, I guess," she expressed her disappointment.

I couldn't disagree with her. The reality was that I had to return to LA soon.

"Let's try to enjoy it while it lasts. I'm next to you right now at this very moment, so." I said smiling at her, hoping to ease her worries.

Tears welled up in her eyes, which she quickly wiped away with a smile. It was a bittersweet moment for both of us, realizing that our time together was very limited.

After five more minutes of snuggling, we decided to start our day. As we went downstairs, we noticed that everyone else in the house was still asleep. Lisa took out another cool pack for my face. She then lifted me onto the kitchen counter, surprising me with a loving kiss. 

She asked me if I wanted anything specific for breakfast, but nothing came to my mind.

She then prepared a fruit salad and made a pancake batter using oat milk and oat flour. I couldn't help but stare at her in awe. It felt like having a personal chef. 

Slowly, the rest of the group awoke and joined us in the kitchen, excited about fresh pancakes. Together, we enjoyed the breakfast and prepared ourselves for our final surfing session of the trip.

Despite my tired muscles, I caught quite a few of the weaves. We expressed our gratitude to our instructor as we finished our session and decided to reward ourselves with refreshing drinks at the beach bar, a post-surfing ritual we had established.

We discussed the waves, and I explained how much easier it was for me to catch them when they weren't too high. However, Max disagreed and expressed his disappointment that the waves weren't bigger. For me that came off bratty. Lisa supported his opinion, which momentarily irritated me, but I decided to just let it go.

We played a few rounds of UNO, and Dante brought a tablet of Bamboo from the bar. We agreed on everybody paying for one round which meant a total of six Bamboos for everyone. 

Let me tell you I was drunk when we headed back to the house. 

We were on a different beach that day and had to drive back to the house with the van. 

Me and Lisa got in at the back and I started touching her thighs. The alcohol showed its effect and I admittedly was down to fuck lol. 

Lisa started breathing heavily but then pushed my hand off. „Not now.", she whispered into my ear giving me goosebumps.

We came back unloaded the van and had a quick snack to try and sober up a bit.

I quickly went outside to call my PA. 

„Hey quick question you said you rescheduled everything until ONO right?"

„Yes, but I need you here right after that because you have a shoot and the Nike appointment the last week of August.", he explained.