Chapter Two

Mickey Pierce

"Oh my god," I groan, standing up and stretching as the lights come back on. "That took forever, ugh."

"I know, girly," Georgia says, leaning back into John as he puts an arm around her waist. I smile at them, finding them cute, and put my bag back onto my back. "What class do you have first?"

"Business, what about you?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow. She grins happily and laughs. 

"I'm taking business, too! We're gonna be stuck together for a while, buddy," She giggles, giving me a fist bump as we walk out of the sitting aisle. 

"Sweet!" I say to her with a smile. That way, I won't have to be by myself all of the time. I enjoy spending time with Georgia, she might be a handful of drama and a little immature, but she's a good ass friend and has stuck by me for a while. 

The three of us make our way out of the auditorium, John walking Georgia and me to our classroom. The hallways are extremely jam-packed, but John's presence seems to scare most people out of the way once they realize he's coming their way. I've never experienced this, but it's pretty nice. 

It doesn't take us too long to get to the classroom (thanks to John) and I quickly leave them at the door so they can say their goodbyes in semi-peace. The room has maybe 20 students in it and plenty more seats. I make my way to a row in the middle of the room and sit in the middle of it, as you can tell, I really like the middle of things. 

After a couple of minutes, Georgia makes her way into the classroom and scans the chairs to find me then heads up to sit by me. Her beautiful, blond hair bounces as she goes up the steps and avoids other students. 

"Hey," I say simply, setting my things on the table. 

"Heyy, I can't believe he found us and sat with me! Then walked us to class? Unbelievable, I loved how everyone just split in the hallway and got out of our way," Georgia immediately spills and scoffs, genuinely surprised at John's actions. I shake my head, smiling softly at her. 

"That's what a dude does when he's into you, hunny," I giggle. "It's good! I'm so happy for you."

She giggles softly in response as she pulls out her stuff as well, placing her Chromebook in front of her before she opens it wide. She has Google open, her background is customized to a teddy bear photo. 

The teacher in the front of the class coughs loudly, grabbing the attention of us all and getting us to quiet down. 

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Miss Hampton, welcome to my Business Class!" She smiles widely as she welcomes us all. She's maybe 27 and super bright, dressed in a light yellow top and a black skirt with pantyhose and yellow boots. "Today, I have quite the surprise for you all! I worked really hard to try and get a rare opportunity for some of you to do a work-based learning internship with CHM!" 

More than a handful, myself included, gasped around the room, shocked. 

"You mean, Cartership Holds and Manufacturing, Miss Hampton?" A student asks out loud, looking at her with wide eyes. 

"Yes!" She says happily, her smile humungous. "I didn't find out until this morning, just before the bell. I've arranged for us to have a little field trip today to their office building and they will take short interviews of you all!"

"Holy shit," I say to Georgia. She looks over to me covering her mouth, obviously as surprised as me. 

"They should've told us!" She whispers to me, slight worry in her voice. "I would've dressed better."

I look at her with a raised eyebrow. She's dressed in black pants and a sexy, but professional, red top and heels.

"You're only looking slightly slutty, it's okay," I giggle to her, she playfully smacks my arm and giggles with me.