«Chapter 14 (Filler)»

[Art By: _ _bxnchii on 'X' (formerly) Twitter.]
A Week.
A week full of a poignant sense of feeling, and regret. A few days, it took longer than hoped, to arrive back to the Origin's kingdom..

Philza's Body lie there, in the large bed. Attached to him was a Ventriculostomy Tube attached to a drainage bag, Ventilator, a Monitor off to the side with the tube connecting it and the comatose patient.. Heartbeat slow, but moving.. Just about.
A doctor was In and out of the room, every day or two, at least once or twice a day.
TechnoBlade had not left that room, only to get food or some basic requirements.. But most things, even then, he put off. Incase there was a chance.

"It's been a week, Techno.." Wilbur spoke-out to his brother, "You can't sit here forever,"
"It won't be forever, when he wakes up." Techno spoke out, not facing the musician, his tone soft. Barely audible.. like he was listening.. Then he hurried to face Wilbur, He looked tired.
"Will, You can't expect me to just move on. i mean, he's not dead yet. And he isn't going to die. You heard the doctor, there's a chance."
Wilbur sighed, nodding, "A chance. Techno.. I am very much clinging to that chance, but.. You can't expect it to happen over night. The Doctor said it could take a few weeks, maybe even a month or so-"

Techno shook his head. "He also said the longer he's out, the slimmer the chance."
"Well, yes.. but,Techno. You've been locked-up in this chamber for a week now, I thought you'd be strongest out of all of us. You know Dad would want you to focus on other things, not worry and-" Wilbur was cut off by a scoff from Techno. "Phil would want us to move on." He clicked his fingers, "Just like that, even if he died. But he can't die, especially not yet, nor right now." He spoke, sighing.
"I could have done something Wilbur. I thought something was wrong with that negotiation, there was no way that Green Prick was going to let us leave, and just like that too."
The Brunette couldn't even get a word in as the Pigmen Warrior continued. "Wilbur, I knew something was off. And I did nothing.! I should have killed him when he was right there. Right in my sight, and I turned my back on him. So did Philza. It was a foolish idea and-"

"A foolish idea, which out father thought was right, and He wouldn't want you taking blame for his current state.. and you know that."
He placed a hand on TechnoBlade's shoulder, putting the Warrior's crown on the bedside desk. "You left it in the hall, when you got back."
Techno gave the crown a small side-glance, looking back away.
"I know. I don't feel right wearing it, after everything." He mumbled, placing a hand on the bed, looking at Phil.. "His wing got injured in the fight, so that's double the recovery needed." He spoke, and Wilbur nodded.
They remained there. Silent. For some time.. the room echoed with the wind that crashed against window and any crow's that landed on it's ledge. The outside was cold, but the sky wasn't dim, nor was there any sights of rain.. B it ironic, given the current situation of the kingdom..

The Kingdom's people had been informed of the circumstances, but informed that the royal children will work together in keeping the place afloat and safe.. The murder of their king, is like a direct threat. Because it is.
One does not simply kill someone as high-statuses as a king.. just because, a reason is always at play. Regicide being such a high-placed crime.. Ans especially being from another kingdom, It's clear this wasn't some 'empty threat' in exchange for The kingdoms to leave one another alone. It was a warning.
But it was their choice on wether to act on that idea. Start war, and cause more problems for people or.. live with the loss of their king and keep their guards up. Incase the other kingdom decides to attack first.

In most petty fights, the one who attacks first can be placed in the wrong, even when (sometimes) they are in-fact not. Not to mention, it's like raising a green flag; First hit thrown, a gateway for the opponent to fight back, under the alliance of self-defence.
While this usually applies to petty fights; something you'd only really see among children and maybe a some petty adults..
This was the exact description for this situation.

Do they throw the first punch. Or do they hold back, and make-do with the situation they're currently dealing with.?
A hard decision, given what's occurred the following week but..
Suppose that's a decision for the King to make, alongside his brethren and their allies.
-————————([0])————————-
..Update! 819 words.
Apologies, Dear Readers, Lack of posting is caused by a lack of motivation, or me being busy with other matters.
Aside form that. Everyone was rather disheartened, about Philza Minecraft's death in the last chapter.. so.. The idea of him being relatively alive this chapter should be a bit of a refresher.

It's shorter, because it's rushed, but I do hope you found some liking for this chapter;
Note: I am not as big in the DSMP fandom recently, as it's been ended and many of the YouTuber's and Members either have left YouTube, to pursue their own personal matters, and do not really commune, as much.
So this Story is very much a Back-of-the-mind thought. But it is still there, & I'm grateful everyone takes the time to read. 12.3k, Is more than I expected.
And, Till the Next time, Readers. -🚂