Chapter 6: Expose Your Truth To The World

Sky Enterprise, one of the enormous business corporations in the city, was declared bankrupt just a month ago.

Adams knew the owner of the company. Lucas Walter is his mother's best friend and closest business associate.

Probably the only man who had never seen him as a loser. But Adams, being a man of absolute confidence and belief, Adams never once appreciated the old man's concern for him.

He will always tell him he doesn't want his pity and that he could live independently even without his mother, and Lucas has never argued.

After realizing the futile attempts of both offers to help Adams financially, he stopped contacting him and let him be.

Adams didn't care too much about the old man until he read in the news how Lucas Walter had unexpectedly suffered from stroke and paralysis and his young mistress was squandering his money on beauty products and luxurious trips instead of paying for her husband's treatment and managing his company.

Without liquidity and an absolute leader who could take over the company and manage it properly, Sky Enterprise lost a lot of funds, and all its investors pulled out their investments, leading it into bankruptcy.

Lucas never had a child with his mistress or with any other lady, and he didn't care to adopt a child.

To manage his treatment, Lucas had sold out his hard-built company to the government, and the government had decided to auction it out to the highest bidder. Adams was determined to be the lucky guy leaving the room with the property papers.

"And now, the sky enterprise. This company was founded about twenty years ago by a famous businessman, Lucas Walter.

It had resources worth an estimated five billion dollars. However, as fate has it, this mighty company was declared bankrupt and is now worth only eight hundred dollars. The bidding begins at $1,000 000 (one million dollars)"

The host on the stage declared, and the company building was immediately displayed on the screen. The once-silent hall became filled with loud murmurs. Not just Adams; many others have also come for that company.

The bidding began as a director raised his card. "1.2 million, ($1, 200 000," He said.

"1.4 million, ($1, 400 000)" Another countered.

"1.6 million,($1, 600 000)" The businessman interrupted again.

"1.7 million! ($1, 700 000)" The second man yelled, not backing down.

"1.9 million, ($1, 900 000)" A third man said.

The bidding continued until Julius Parker, Adams' stepdad, raised his card.

"4 million ($4, 000 000)," He said.

"4.5 million ($4, 500 000)" Another competitor yet again interrupts.

"5 million! ($5, 000 000)" Julius yelled out.

"5.5 million, ($5, 500 000)" The businessman retorts. Julius was enraged at his blatant change and decided to go out of his way.

"7 million, ($7, 000 000)" He said, and they all went quiet.

For a company worth only eight hundred dollars, seven million dollars could already be said to be an astronomical amount for it; however,

"10 million, ($10, 000 000)" Evans mumbled loud enough to echo in the entire room. Everyone turned to stare at the young CEO in amazement.

The host was over the moon as soon as he heard it. No one bidder after, and he took up his gavel and said,

"Sky Enterprise is up for bid number 16. And it's going one," He said, hitting the standing box.

"And two..." He continued, hitting the box for the second time.

Just as he opened his mouth to say the last, "And three" so he'd hit the box with the gavel, he halted and gasped alongside other people present.

"15 million ($15, 000 000)" A cool voice muttered. His words and voice, both cynical and cold, were devoid of any feelings. Chatter filled the room.

"Who is this person that's offering to pay more than eighteen times the worth of the company just to own it?"

Sophia asked Julius, as she also turned around in shock to see who it was that had bid that wholesome amount.

"A rich, good-for-nothing second-generation rich heir that doesn't know how to use his millions," Julius replied grumpily.

The spotlight was instantly moved over to the back, a secluded spot in the room, and then his face came into view, making everyone gasp at the top of their breath.

It's him. Indeed, in the entire A city, there's only one crazy person who would do such a thing: Adams Smith, the son of a once-upon-a-time business tycoon, Elizabeth Smith.

But why is he here? What is he doing here, and how did he gain entry into the auction banquet? Only prominent members of high society were invited, so how on earth did he manage to slip in here? Most importantly, what sort of magic did he perform to garner such a majestic appearance?

As different questions clouded everyone's thoughts, Adams was in no hurry to satisfy any of their curiosities. His changes were beyond ordinary human intelligence.

"15 million ($15, 000 000)," he uttered yet again. The host couldn't care much about who he had heard Adams Smith to be. All he cared about was the commission he'd be receiving after the deal had been finalized.

"And it's going one, two, and three; Sky Enterprise officially goes to bid 11. Applause!"

He yelled, and they all began applauding despite having bitter looks. Some were simply curious, some were nonchalant, and others felt a slap on their faces.

The banquet ended at ten p.m., and everyone was set to leave, calling it a day. Adams wasn't left out. He felt it was already a long day and needed to retire to bed for a wonderful rest after all he had gotten.

He sauntered to the door and made his way to his car, but halfway through, he was stopped by none but his stepfather, Julius Parker.

Julius sneered; he matched up to Adams, glared at him in disgust, and then spit on the ground.

"I reckon you take yourself to the police and surrender by exposing the illegal way you acquired that money of yours before it is too late. A good-for-nothing son like you is a disgrace. I do not see any glory and fortune in your life," he mocked.

Adams just chuckled in amusement without saying a single word to retort. His hands were both occupied. One of them is holding his phone, while the other is carrying his suitcase.

Julius was enraged at his disrespect, and he felt insulted.

"Did you just crack a laugh at my words? How dare you?" He shouted, garnering the attention of the crowd outside the conference where the auction banquet had been held.

"Do not yell, Father; it's not good for your health. I still want you to live a hundred years," Sophia said quickly as she interrupted them.

She hugged Julius' arms and stared at him affectionately. Adams looked Julius in the eyes. There was not even a dot of respect. Hatred sparked between them, and he let out a wicked smile.

"Hahaha, Mr. Parkers, it seems your health is not as good as it was in the past. Anyway, as you must have known, I'm the last person to care about that.

And keep your advice to yourself. It's a shame I get to see a funky old man like you on such a happy day. Sad night to you,"

Adams said as he made his move, ignoring his two half-sisters who were staring at him with pleading eyes.

He knew they both wanted him to ignore their dad and not create a scene, but he wasn't the one to bother to give a face to his greedy stepdad or his selfish sisters.

"Just wait, obtuse craven, I'll make sure I expose your truth to the world. You are a fatuous person!" Julius Parker shrieked with a balled fist.

"Hah! So long as I am not something like you, sanctimonious," Adams replied.

He walked past a blackened face, Evans George, and Samantha Salvador. To their amazement, he got into his brand-new Bentley and drove away. The trunk of his car danced ever so proudly.