Chapter 3

8 Letters

Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I do not own the series Miraculous Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. No copyright intended. I do own the story line, because I made that all up with my brain.

*Ring. Ring*

It's now a Thursday. Luka and I have been dating for about 3 weeks now and currently I am in the middle of an English lesson when my phone started ringing much to the teacher's annoyance. It's not like I meant to disrupt her class.

"I thought I told everyone no cell phones in class. Find out who it is, please then come up front." Ms. Bustier said to the class. I find my phone and silence it, reading the screen, showing my mom is calling.

I nervously rise from my seat. "Of course it's her phone that's disrupting the whole class. Some of us are trying to learn Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous." Chloe complains as usual.

"Sorry ma'am, it's my mother calling." I explained.

"Oh well, in that case I will allow you to take the call outside the classroom. Don't be too long, Marinette or you'll miss the lesson." Ms. Bustier said.

I excused myself and went out to the hallway and called my mom back. She picked up on the second ring.

"Marinette?"

"Yes, what is it maman?"

"Darling I know you're in class but I'm going to be coming in to excuse you for the rest of the day. I was able to get you an appointment at 2 o'clock at your doctor's office. I need you to gather your things and meet me outside in 20 minutes." Mom explained.

"Okay." I said, then hung up.

I came back into the classroom and told Ms. Bustier about my mom coming to get me for a doctor's appointment, she sighed.

"Very well. I suppose it can't be helped, go on and gather your things. I'll see you tomorrow morning, Marinette."

I nodded, "Don't worry Ms. B, I'll fill Marinette in on what was missed today later." Alya said, smiling.

I say my thank yous then leave the classroom and descend the school steps to my mom's navy blue little car. She waved to me from the window, I sighed and got in, tossing my school back in the back seat. Mom waited until I had my seatbelt on before we pulled away from the curb. The car ride was silent, only the sound of the pop station on the radio could be heard between us as I looked out the passenger window.

"Oh don't look so glum, Marinette."

I sighed, "I just hope it doesn't hurt."

"It shouldn't, honey, they numb you first before they put it in."

I let out a breath. Yup, today is the day that I will be getting my choice of birth control inserted. Mom and I sat down with the doctor that Monday, Luka and I got together. We got all kinds of pamphlets of many choices of birth control. I chose the rod that goes in your arm, thinking that might be the best choice. Every woman is different but I hear some have few to no periods at all and hey that sounds good to me, it lasts up to three years. Figure it'll take care of that issue and put my parent's minds and Anarka's mind at ease. Ankara was actually pretty cool with the news of Luka and I dating, like he said. She has rules though and she's a bit more out there than my parents. Like telling Luka to put a sock on his door handle if we're going to do anything, she'd rather that, than accidently walk in on us.

She told him that after the fact of her walking in on us making out the other day, she was bringing him his laundry when she caught us. She muttered something under her breath then came back and tossed Luka some condoms, telling him she's too young to be a grandmother and to have some damn sense. She told us if we're to do anything, we should do it at her place rather than go to some cheap motel or be creative elsewhere as she put it. She even had some conversations with me about her first experience and though she's not all for us jumping in bed together right away, she just wants us to be prepared. She is so much cooler than my parents about this, she has a way of not making it extremely awkward.