5: baraat

Shahmeer
I settled on the sofa at the stage and i immediately got surrounded by guests. Then noor and zoya's mom came and asked everyone to move away as zoya is coming.
The photographer told me that i will have to help her get to the stage by giving her a hand.

She was coming with her dad. My gaze fell on her, she looked mesmerising in that bridal look or maybe the look seemed more prettier on her. She was wearing a golden lehenga, unlike the typical brides, it was not red. It was impossible to take my eyes off her.

 It was impossible to take my eyes off her

*reference to what zoya wore*

Zoya
It was time for my entry. I was having mixed emotions, i was nervous and sad for leaving my parents. When i reached to the stage, i was struggling to get on it because of the heavy weight of my lehenga ugh i wanted it to be simple but noor and ammi got me such a heavy one.

I suddenly saw a hand which came to help me get up, i immediately held it and got up but when i looked up, IT WAS SHAHMEER? I mean i know im getting married to him but he offered me help in front of every one? Maybe he is a little serious about this wedding now.
I looked at him and realized that i saw him in a traditional outfit for the first ever time, and honestly, he looked so handsome in it, especially with that shawl.

*reference to Shahmeer's outfit*

As i seated next to him. I said "thanks for helping me" he dryly replied "the photographer wanted me to offer you my hand to get on the stage, for pictures". Well what else could we expect? Him changing his idgaf about you attitude?

After some pictures and nikkah ceremony, it was time for rukhsati, the time for me to be with hitler forever.
I decided to control my tears so that my parents stay strong but as soon as we got it the car, tears started rolling down my cheeks. I did not want to cry in front of him but i could not control my emotions.

From the driver's seat, he passed me some tissues. As we reached his home, i was told to sit in the bed as a sanskaari bride waiting for moo dikhayi but i did not do that, if he got me a gift, he should just hand it over to me.

I started taking off my jewellery when he entered the room and straight away went to the bathroom.

Shahmeer
When i walked out of the bathroom, she was still in front of the dressing table, i looked at her face cleary this time and noticed that she was not wearing any makeup except lipstick and blush un like other brides? She didnt need it though because she already looked heavenly. But what did she go to the salon for?