XII

"MAN, this is really fun! We haven't had so many people eating dinner over at our house in ages!"

Team 7 and Tazuna's family sat round a large table in the kitchen, eating what Tazuna's daughter had cooked for dinner. Whilst Riki slowly ate the food on her plate and Sakura neatly finished up hers, Naruto and Sasuke stuffed their faces full of food, taking large spoons of their soup and side dishes at at a extremely fast pace.

They both glared at one another as they scarved down their food. Kakashi looked between them and sighed, sending an apologetic smile to Tazuna and his daughter, one which Tazuna dismissed with a smile. However, Riki and Sakura who sat beside one another on the far side of the table sighed at the boy's antics, opting to ignore them completely.

Both boys drained their soups to the bottom of the bowl and quickly stood up simultaneously. "Seconds, please!" they shouted in unison before glaring at each other. Their glaring contest was interrupted by their urge to vomit, and both turned to face from the table and emptied their bowels.

"If you're going to vomit, please do it somewhere else! We're eating!" Sakura ridiculed, revolted by them.

"Right, that's nasty," Riki mumbled, pinching her nose and looking the other way.

Kakashi sighed once again, looking at his students. "I'm sorry," he mumbled, to which Tazuna's dismissed once again.

"It's completely fine! It just shows they have spirit, eh?" Tazuna commented, picking up his own empty plate and placing in the nearby sink. Riki quickly followed, emptying the remaining rice in her bowl into the bin before placing hers beside his in the sink.

"Thank you so much for the food," Riki said, giving her a quick bow. "I'll excuse myself to the bathroom, if that's okay?" she asked Tazuna and his daughter, to which they both nodded.

"Of course."

"Where are you going, Riki?" Kakashi asked.

"The bathroom. I'll wash up and go to bed early tonight," Riki said, rushing out the room after bowing to Tazuna's daughter once more out of respect.

"But she barely ate anything apart from her rice . . ." Sakura said under her breath which didn't go unnoticed by Kakashi.

"More like you ruined her appetite, throwing up at the table," Tazuna proposed, earning him a glare from both boys.

"I did not!"

▂▂▂▂▂❦▂▂▂▂▂

Riki left the bathroom of Tazuna's house in her dark purple pyjamas after a long and much-needed shower. Though she was quite sure she hated the sight of river water since she had arrived in the Land of Waves, the shower she had just left was too refreshing and calming for her to forget about it. Being on a bridge for a whole day didn't only leave her feeling dizzy, but sick at the sight of water. She desperately missed proper land.

Her damp and slightly wet hair stuck to the back of her neck and her bangs to her forehead. Her bangs when wet appeared stringy, exposing her naked forehead to the air, also showing off a bright green cursed seal on her forehead that she had forgotten to cover.

As she took a left to enter the guest bedroom that she and Sakura shared, she felt a short figure bump into her. On first impact she had thought it was Inari, Tazuna's brat of a grandson (she swore that their family took after one another personality wise, except Tazuna's daughter, she was an angel) but on further inspection she realised it was actually Naruto, still dressed in his standard Ninja clothes whilst everyone was in the kitchen, talking about something. She had told them she was going to bed early, so she decided not to join them.