Chapter 45

Chapter 45: Steves Pov

-This is a short one but I thought I needed to add this-

I had held my shield loosely in my hands watching Bucky, my best friend, disappear from my life again, taken away in almost an instant.
The six colorful Infinity Stones glowed ominously on the gauntlet, each representing a cosmic force that, when combined, granted their wielder unparalleled power over reality, space, time, power, mind, and soul.

As Thanos raised his hand, the atmosphere seemed to shift. The air itself crackled with energy, and a dreadful silence fell over the battlefield. The team and our Allies, realizing the sevarity of the moment, momentarily ceased our struggle, glancing in collective horror at the Mad Titan.

With a deliberate and confident motion, Thanos snapped his fingers.

A wave of energy rippled across the battlefield, emanating from the Infinity Gauntlet. In an instant, the universe responded to Thanos' will. The outcome was unfathomable and swift. Dust motes filled the air, catching the dying light of the Wakandan sunset. The defenders, both hero and warrior alike, crumbled to ash in heartbreaking succession. I watch as Bucky tries to step forward but falls into a trail of dust.

I glance to Wisty who is standing not far from my place in the trees, her Dark purple suit slowly dissolving, her red auburn hair that was in her signature battle braids soon began to disintegrate. I could only stand with my mouth open and my thoughts racing as I watched her slowly disappear her hands and eyes the last to leave. Swore I could hear Loki screaming her name before a small voice could be heard saying

"I love you" Wistys voice faded, I looked into lokis eyes. Filled with tears and sorrow he screamed and pulled himself up before trying to rush at thanos before The Destroyer of worlds opened a portal and left closing it behind him. I sank to my knees and buried my head in my hands as tears slowly started to pool in my hands.

"Their gone" I managed to say between my sobs.

-sorry it is short 😁