Until Now

It was a cold and silent night in Barangay Hinampacan located within the industrialized town of Basud, Camarines Norte. There were little to no vehicles passing by the street during that starry evening. The residents were already peacefully sleeping and dreaming inside their homes. However, in one of those houses, a teenage girl kept uttering the words, "Why did you leave me?" whilst sobbing out her grief inside her bedroom. The aforementioned room was pitch black - darkness surrounded her. There wasn't any type of light source to illuminate her surroundings. The tears of sorrow kept flowing on the mattress where she was lying on - endless like the ocean. Within her mind, she regretted the action of leaving the hospital on that rainy night. She would always wish to have the power to turn back time, and be in the loving arms of her beloved mother of the very last time.

The rays of the morning sun burst through the darkness, and touched her delicate brown skin. The sunlight revealed her blackened tiresome eyes and pale dry lips - exhausted from shedding her tears. Without any hesitation, she rose from her frowzled bed, and walked towards the kitchen to prepare a scrumptious meal - a plate filled with warm white rice and a delicious fried egg. After cooking breakfast, she did not notice that she had prepared two eggs, despite being the only person inside the house. To lighten up her pale and frail body, she decided to brew a cup of hot chocolate filled with saccharine fluffy marshmallows. Whilst relishing the sugary scent of melted marshmallows found within the cup of hot chocolate, vivid memories from the past started to emblazon in her mind. She instantly remembered her beloved mother providing her with the sweetest hot chocolate to keep her awake, whilst she studied her handwritten notes throughout the dawn. And with that, she started sobbing again - howling her anguish. Time went by, and her crestfallen tears stopped. She resumed drinking her sweetened hot beverage. Afterwards, she started to take a cold shower to remove all the snot and grime on her face, arms, and hands.

Afterwards, she wore her white nursing uniform, and left the house to attend her classes within the academic grounds of La Consolacion College. In between her subjects, she would instantly proceed to the restroom, and silently weep her heart-wrenching tears inside one of the bathroom stalls. She had gathered all those saddening tears during class discussions, which distracted her from solely focusing on the lesson. With the passage of time, the school bell loudly rang - echoing throughout the halls. The golden hour has come forth! She swiftly left the academic institution to visit her favorite place.

After traveling for more than thirty minutes; Finally! She was at the cemetery holding a pink bouquet filled with freshly picked white and purple tulips. She placed the flowers on the grassy ground and started speaking with a heartbreaking tone. "Ma, I miss you so much! I miss your delicious fried eggs, sweet hot chocolates, and loving arms!" Suddenly, a gust of cold breeze blew in her direction, which made her shiver. It touched her wavy black hair and delicate brown skin. Once again, she started to speak with a gratified smile on her beautiful face. "Until now, I can still feel your love through the wind."