prologe-chapter 38: the perfect place

Lisanas POV

I follow Floyd and jade down the hallway away from the crowds, though there's already students checking out their rooms.

Jade- here we are.

Floyd- see you're right next to us!

Lisana- oh my. . .

As I peek into the room I see that all of my things that were in ramshackle had been magically moved here.

Lisana- okay I don't know how my things got here but this is AMAZING!

jade- I think she likes it.

Floyd- that's good!

Lisana- thank you both!

I run to hug them both, like I'm a child on Christmas.

Jade- oh you're too kind, Ms. Finnly.

Floyd- anything for you sharky!

Lisana- please, call me lisana.

Jade- my what a wonderful name.

Floyd- I love it

But the I remembered something.

Lisana- fuck! I forgot about Azul! Sorry gotta run!

Jade- oh looks like Azul wants to hire her.

Floyd- on her first day? I guess Azul took a liking to her over the past few weeks.
.
.
Meanwhile

Cassandras POV

We enter the mirror leading to the scarabia dorm, I was met by a cold, desert landscape, with a giant looming palace sparkling under the moon.

There was a fountain in the middle of this seemingly big courtyard, not like anything I've seen back home, this is an entire Egyptian palace.

Kalim- welcome everyone! Feel free to explore as much as you like!

With that everyone scurried off.

I decided to take a look inside the big palace. Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Kalim- HEY!

Cassandra- ahh! Kalim, you scared me!

Kalim- sorry 'bout that, you wanna see your room!?

Cassandra- do I? Of course! Lead the way!

Kalim- let's go!

As we race down the amazingly designed hallway, we stop at one of the rooms.

Kalim- here we are! The headmage swung by to drop off all your stuff too. Perfect view of the courtyard too!

Cassandra- wow, this is much different than back home. How can I repay you for this.

Kalim- oh you don't have to do all of that. As long as you enjoy it, then that's fine!

I smile warmly and step inside. Before walking off kalim shouts to me.

Kalim- I hope you like it here, cassi!!!

I wave and sit down on the bed. Jeez this place is nice, a lot nicer than the slums of my town, but when I became a guard my uncle let me live with him in the nicer side of town, but this is a newer level of nice. To be real though I can't thank kalim enough for this

Cassandra- this is my chance!

.

.
Meanwhile

Evas POV

Entering the mirror to pomefior dorm I was greeted by a dazzling castle awaiting me.

Vil- welcome everyone.

Eva- . . .

To be fair, I didn't expect this, this place looks like the mansion I grew up in.

As we all make our way up the stone path towards the castle, we are greeted by the shine of the chandelier up above, beautiful indigo colors, and shiny artifacts, not gonna lie I felt like a crow in a treasure chest.

Eva- this place is. . .

Vil- beautiful no? And the rooms here are perfectly designed to your many needs. You can thank me later.

Eva- uhh thank you.

I walk off to the fancily decorated hallway where the rooms were, and stop at the room with my name on it.

Oddly enough vil wasn't wrong, it was designed to my tastes. As I take a seat on the couch at the foot of my bed, I here a knock.

Eva- hm? Who is it?

???- i-its epel from earlier! I just came to check up on ya.

I open the door

Eva- oh epel. Come in, have a seat, dear.

Epel- you seem a bit wary around vil and the others here. Why is that?

Eva- well. . . Uhh?

I don't know how to tell him. Should I just change  the topic?

Epel- I can't blame you.

Eva- huh?

Epel- I get wary around him too. Hehe!

Eva- hm. . .

Epel- but he's nice once you get to know him.

Eva- I'm sure he is. . .

Ugh maybe I don't know. . . I've never had the time to talk with him from the past few weeks. . .

Vil- epel felmier!

Epel- ugh speak of the devil. . . Yes housewarden vil!

Vil- I thought I told you to get ready for bed!

Epel- right! Sorry vil! I just wanted to talk with the newby! Sorry I have to go, talk with you tomorrow!

As epel runs out of my room vil walks in and sits on my bed.

Vil- are you liking it here?

I nod and don't say a word.

Vil- you're a quiet one aren't you? Just take it easy, for now. I won't be too hard on you.

Eva- . . . Thank you.

I mumble under breath

Vil- of course. Goodnight dear.

As vil closes the door I let out a sigh of relief.

Eva- I won't open up to you just yet. . . As long as we're friends, we're okay.

.

.

.
TBC

Thanks for reading and have a good morning good night or good afternoon.