CHAPTER 6

Minha Ali
***********

You know everything was great. Our family was happy and we enjoyed going to parks, picnics, road trips, amusement park and movie nights. Dad use to read me stories, but one day everything changed as I cut the cake for my ninth birthday. Our once-happy family was never the same.

Baba loved ammi so much that he married her instead of their friends daughter, which made my grandparents hate me and my mother even more. They use to call me a whore's daughter. My mother was called a whore by my grandparents for marrying their son.

My dad used to read bedtime stories to me, and one day, as usual, he came to my room to do so. I was probably around five or six at that time, and I asked him the word "whore" meant-- was it good or bad word? He stopped reading the book and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Where did you hear that word or learn it from?" Questioned baba brushing my hair from my eyes.

"Dadi jaan called me and ammi that so many times", I said glancing at my who has tears in his eyes. Did I make baba cry. No, i can't see baba cry so I instantly hugged him.

"Baba, did I say a bad word that's why you are crying", I asked wiping his tears. He was sobbing, I also cried like this when asifa snatched the chocolate from my hand. I went crying towards my mother who was sitting on the couch beside Asifa's ammi I ran into her arms and complained about Asifa.

But, you know what dadi said? She said I don't get to eat that chocolate because I'm a whores daughter. And Asifa's mother laughed as dadi jaan said that.

"Ammu, aap ne yeh baat mujhe pehle kyu nahi btayi" he asked pecking my forehead.

"Ammi ne mana kiya that" I said sitting on my father's lap. I love sleeping with baba he reads me stories, kisses my forehead till I fall asleep.

"Ammu, you will never say that word, even if dadi jaan calls you that, you have to inform me" he said placing the book on side table.

"I love you baba", I said pecking his lips. I peck his lips till a small smile appears on his face. He smiled, baba is very pretty when he smiles, I thought as I looked at his smiling face.

"Love you too ammu, aap aur aapki ammi meri jaan h" he said looking at me.

"Baba, I feel sleepy" I said placing on my head on his lap, he stroked my hair lulling me to sleep.

After that day our family was never the same, dadi and baba began arguing frequently in our home shortly after baba learned dadi jaan had called us.

We moved away from my grandparents house, yet they used to visit us for unknown reasons. When my grandparents and asifa's mother visited our house one day with a stranger and said he wanted to meet ammi, baba was upset seeing him in our house.

Ammi was crying as she stared at Baba, who was sobbing and yelling at her that she had betrayed and cheated on him.

A lot of bickerings broke out between ammi and baba after our grandparents paid us a visit and brought a stranger into our home. After that ammi packed our belongings and we moved into nanu's house.

"I'm missing Baba, your ammu is missing you, please come home I need a hug from you, just one hug, you may not leave with us now, but the love and memories we shared will forever be a part of me.

Ya Allah, jo bhi likha hai tune mere haq mai sab behtreen hi hoga mujhe maloom hai, bas mere Allah tere faisle tak mujhe sabr ata kar de.

Wiping away my tears, I leave my room and head towards our home's roof top.

I slowly make my way to the rooftop and find a chair that nanu had placed there for himself. I sit on his chair, feeling mix of emotions as I gaze at the moon. Like the moon, I to am alone, but I can't help and admire it's shining light that cuts through the darkness. Yet here iam, shedding tears over my dark and troubled life, consumed by the pain of it all.

Either, I have to stand up for myself against my grandparents or follow their decision, but this time I won't submit to their choice.

I would choose to die before going into that house as a bride.

________________________________________

Sorry, for the boring chapter, but don't forget to Vote and comment.

Allahhafiz 💕💕