CHAPTER 23

Shahmeer Mirza
******************

I went to join my family in the living room where they were talking, laughing and playing ludo. I sat beside mama and she asked, "kuch baat karni hai kya, shahmeer?", I nodded my head and leaned my head on her shoulder.

I was feeling extremely nervous as I cleared my throat and finally mustered up the courage to speak. With a deep breath, I said, "i want to get married this week", mama's face lit up with a knowing smile, as If she had anticipated my words. The weight of my confession lifted as I awaited her response.

"I'm really happy with your decision", mama said as she pecked my forehead with a smile. I returned the smile while scratching my neck, surprised at how easy it had been.

"But please don't let Harris and ibbu know", I said, glancing at my brothers who were already looking at me with raised brows.

I stood up and ran from there before their teasing could start.

"Ruke dulhe miya, kahan ja rhe hai?", Harris asked as he pulled me by my hand.

"Kuch kaam se ja rha hu, haath choro", I replied trying to pull my hand back.

"Kya kaam hai humein bhi btaye", Ibbu came from behind, wrapping his arm around my neck and said.

"Leave me alone, shorty", I told ibbu as I removed his hand from my neck.

"How can you say that, bhai?", ibbu asked, a pout formed on his lips.

"Toh mujhe tang na karo", I said, playfully pulling his cheek.  

"Bhai", he whined, rubbing his cheek.

"Bhai, bhabhi university se aa gayi", zaid said, running towards us. I looked at him, banging my forehead with my hand.

"Toh yeh kaam tha aapko?", Harris asked, wiggling his brows with a mischivieous smirk.

"Nahi, mujhe uzair bhai ke saath bahar jana tha", I said, trying to cover up.

"Jhoote", Asad said.

"I'm not lying", I said, walking away from them.

Without paying attention to their words, I hastily made my way upstairs to the terrace. From there, I was able to catch a glimpse of Minha, who looked stunning in her white kurti.

She was accompanied by her friend as they engaged in conversation and strolled towards the house. I couldn't help but stand there, gazing at Minha with a smile on my face and love evident in my eyes. It was a moment I would cherish forever.

Ever since I got engaged to Minha, I have been acting like a teenager. I find myself constantly smiling for no reason, as she fills my every moment with joy. From the moment I first saw her in that cafe, I knew she was the one. Iam thrilled to be marrying her this week.

I regret asking her to kiss me as a way  to gain my trust, which was a low move on my part. My jealousy peaked when I overheard a man confessing his feelings for her over the phone, leading me to act impulsively. I realize now that my actions were inappropriate, and I plan to apologize to Minha for my behavior.

"Yeh dekho majnu yaha apni laila ke intezaar mein khada hai", Harris said as he approached me. I looked at him with wide eyes in response.

"Bade hi besharam ho yaar tum, Harris", I said as I pulled him towards me by his ear.

Ibbu intervened, saying, "haaye Allah, woh mera ek lauta dost hai, chorein use", I love their tom and jerry relationship where they can say anything to each other but don't allow others to. 

________________________________________

Short chapter 😉😉

Allah hafiz 💕💕