Chapter 7

VERONICA VALDEZ

Theo. He is my favorite, out of the bunch of assholes. I know he can be really annoying, but—
Theo isn't even that bad looking... if the situation wasn't what it was, I'd probably crush on him, hard.

I slowly let all of the thoughts go, and fell asleep, letting my body finally relax.
I slept for at least 5 or 6 hours, before there was a knock on my door. It was a careful and quiet knock, which told me that it wasn't one of the boys.
I got up, still feeling very tired. I didn't have the energy to check the time, but it was already morning. I opened the door, and my father stepped in.
"Hey sweetheart," he smiled and sat on the edge of my unmade bed.
"Hey... what time is it?" I asked, and leaned onto the door.
"It's almost ten AM," he answered, and ran his hand through his hair. "I had something to tell you though."
"What?" I asked quickly. Recently his 'announcements' haven't been too pleasing for me.
"Well... I have to go... away. For a while," He confessed. He was clearly nervous, as his hands were fidgeting and his leg was bouncing.
My eyes went wide. "Why? Where are you going?"
"I have a job to do there, I won't be alone. It's not for long, a week at max," He explained, and looked down for a moment before continuing. "Your mother called me, and told that you were planning to visit her."
I never really understood, why my father didn't call her with her name, instead he just said 'your mother'. They were still together, at least that's what I thought.
"Yeah, that was the plan. I mean, if you're leaving, I could go there so I don't have to be alone with those... those," I said, not feeling too worried. If I could go to my moms house, there would be no problems.
"That'd be a great idea, if only your mom was home," My dad smiled very nervously, as if that would soothe me.
"Where's she?" I sighed, trying to control my annoyance. I knew where this was going, and I didn't like it. Not one bit.
"She didn't tell, but if I had to guess, it's related to work."
"Oh for fucks sake."

I hugged my dad tightly. He was leaving for a week, and leaving me alone with the five assholes. He hugged me back, and said his goodbyes, before finally stepping out the door and apparating away with a few other deatheaters.
I turned around, only to see Tom, Mattheo, Draco, Theodore and Lorenzo just standing there. I looked at them for a moment, before starting to make my way to my room. I pushed them out of the way and walked past them, pretending not to notice their provoking smirks. I heard Mattheo and Theodore let out a chuckle when they thought I wouldn't hear them anymore.
When I got to my room, I closed the door a bit more aggressively than what was necessary, and laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling.
I really need to go out, I'm going crazy otherwise, I thought. I laid on the bed for about ten minutes, trying to gather the energy to get up and go out. Maybe to the cafe I used to work in. I had been forced to quit, because 'it wasn't safe'. Just as I had gotten my life back on track, it was turned upside down, again.
I got up, and grabbed my black hoodie with a small dinosaur on the left side. It was a gift from Ava. She had the same one, but her was white.

Crap, Ava!I had forgotten to text her! She has probably blew my phone up

Crap, Ava!
I had forgotten to text her! She has probably blew my phone up. I pulled the jumper on, and grabbed my phone and wand before making my way out of my room. I opened my messages app, and just as I thought, there was almost 20 messages, all from Ava. I sighed nervously and called her as I walked through the mansion to the front door. She answered almost immediately.

"Bitch, who the fuck do you think you are, not answering any of my messages?" She shouted in the phone, and I had to hold it a bit farther from my ear.
"Sorry! I... I forgot," I giggled nervously after she quieted down.
"You forgot? How- You know what? It's whatever. Now, explain to me, why are you at that assholes house?" She sighed.
"Okay, so it's a bit of a long story..."

Malfoy and Ava never had been in good terms, and that was partly the reason I didn't like him either. You can't really like the person your best friend hates, now can you?
I explained the full story to her, and she occasionally let out screams like "Your dad works for Voldemort?!" and "THEODORE NOTT held your hand?!" which made me giggle.

I successfully left the door without anyone noticing, and made my way to the Malfoy's huge garden. I sat on a bench, and listened to Ava's rant about how she can not comprehend the fact that I lived at Malfoy's.

As amusing as it was, she needed to calm down and I knew a way that would definitely not work, but it was funny as-.
"Okay baby, deep breaths, deep breaths, come on, do it with me. Iiiin, and ooout," I said in a voice a therapist would use, and tried my best not to laugh.
"Fuck you," She giggled.
I was about to say something snarky back, but I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Who let you out?"
Tom. Of course.
I turned to look at him, and saw all the others standing there with him. Mattheo had that stupid grin on his face, and I had to fight back the urge to wipe it off.
"I did," I breathed out, feeling confused.
What, now I'm not allowed out?
"Oh you did?" He smirked. "Okay."

"Come back inside," Theo said, leaning onto the bench I was sitting on.
"Why should I? I haven't been outside since forever," I answered, feeling annoyed again. Ava stayed quiet on the phone, apparently listening. I could swear she was smirking.
"Your daddy left us to look after you," Theo chuckled, reaching his hand towards my head, and before I could do anything, he was stroking my hair. I sent him an icy glare, and he smirked, ruffling my hair before pulling his hand back.
"Sorry princess, you have no say in this," Mattheo grinned and stepped a bit closer. Enzo and Draco stayed quiet, just looking at the situation.
I was really getting annoyed, and I considered just apparating myself away, but my father would definitely not appreciate that, and I have no doubts that those assholes would snitch me.
"I'm not coming, you're just wasting your time. And don't call me that," I said, looking back at my phone. Ava still hadn't ended the call, but it was so quiet, she surely had muted herself so that she could laugh in peace.
"What, I can't call you princess?" Mattheo asked sarcastically.
"No, you can't."
"I think I can."
I closed my eyes, and counted to ten, sighing deeply.
"You just can't leave me alone, can you?" I taunted.
"Nope," Theo smiled, and tilted his head. "You coming willingly, or does Mattheo have to carry you?"
Ava had taken her mute off, and everyone could hear as she snorted and burst out laughing, which made the boys smirk. I ended the call quickly, no need for her to provoke them any more.
"I do not understand, why is it a problem that I'm outside, sitting on a bench?" I asked, feeling genuinely confused.
"You're alone, for starters," Tom said.
"You could leave," Draco added.
"You haven't eaten breakfast," Mattheo smirked.
"Okay, fine! I'm going inside, just leave me alone!" I snapped at them, and got up. I walked inside the manor angrily, not wanting to talk to any of them anymore.