<Chapter 37>

Yeji

Coming to my senses again, I slowly opened my eyes, to be greeted with a panicked Chaeryeong, who tried her best to gently shake my body and wake me up.

"You're alive", she started sobbing and engulfed me in a soft hug, careful enough to not hurt my leg.

"I'm so sorry", I cried out, feeling responsible for all this as I realized what had happened.

We were kidnapped.

Jin told me, that we lived in a dangerous world and that their enemies would try to harm me sooner or later, but I didn't know that it was that serious. How cruel could humans be to do something like this? They even dragged Chaeryeong into this, although she had nothing to do with my brother's social status and wasn't even their friend.

"Don't be sorry. You're not responsible for what happened!", Chaeryeong tightened the hug.

"It's probably just some creepy saesang. I'm sure the police and JYP will get us out of here, right?", she broke the hug and tried to ensure me and mostly herself that we would get out of here.

I just nodded, not able to say anything.

To say that I felt bad would be an understatement. I felt horrible, pathetic and sad at the same time. I was so close to fulfilling my dream a few hours ago and now I sat here in some dark room with a piece of glass pierced into my leg and a crying Chaeryeong in front of me, who tried her best to lighten up the mood a little to not go insane.

Realizing that we weren't going to escape so soon, especially with my handicap, I mustered the room. There was only one small window in the whole room, which was placed near the ceiling and secured with grids on the outer side, so no one could escape, even though it couldn't even fit a kid through it.

Two small beds, which were looking like they were about to fall apart, were placed next to each other in one corner of the room while a small desk with two chairs in front of it, was being placed on the opposite site.

Two doors could also be seen. One being the exit, which was obviously locked, and the other one was leading to a small bathroom, which contained a toilet, a sink and a shower.

I scoffed. They really wanted to keep us so long, that they even gave us bathing supplies? Under different circumstances I would consider that as a nice act, but I really didn't want to stay here so long, that I had to take a shower, if that was even possible with my injured leg.

"Don't stand up! It's not good for your wound!", Chaeryeong quickly stood up and helped me sitting down on the bed, when she saw me standing up to explore the room, which wasn't really exciting anyway.

"Do you really think they'll find us?", I hung my head low, already giving up. My brothers would never try and search for me. They told me themselves that they wouldn't even help me if I was killed by their enemies.

"Don't give up. I'm sure they already found out that we're missing, so it won't take long till they find us", Chaeryeong tried her best to smile, even though it really wasn't the time to smile now.

Silence fell upon the room again, when suddenly a key being inserted into the lock could be heard, indicating that someone opened the door. I looked up to the person entering the room, but quickly held my hand in front of my eyes, not being used to the sudden light, which came through the door, while tightly grabbing Chaer's hand with the other one, who scooted a little closer to me.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you", some boy, probably about Jungkook's age, closed the door and approached us, making us back away a little and scoot closer to each other.

He sighed before putting down his bag and kneeling down in front of us. I flinched when he slowly grabbed my leg and opened his bag, taking some stuff out of it. Chaeryeong instantly tightened her grip on my hand, showing me that I was not alone.

"Look, I know this situation isn't really nice for you, but please understand that I won't try to hurt you, okay?", he sighed and looked up to us, while we only looked at him, not daring to say something.

"Is it okay for you if I treat your wound? I will try to be gentle!", he looked for consent in my eyes, at which I just nodded, irritated by his soft behavior.

He slowly mustered the wound before taking some of his supplies and starting to remove the glass piece, which was still pierced into my skin. I tightened my grip on Chaeryeong's hand, trying my best to not scream and cause a scene. Tears started streaming down my face again, as he continued to slowly remove the glass piece. He already tried to be as gentle as he could, but it still hurt like hell.

Chaeryeong tried her best to distract me a little and started to sing our debut song, me joining shortly after, to calm myself down. Even though my leg burned like hell and blood started streaming out of the wound again as soon as the piece was removed, I tried my best to focus on hitting the right notes and forget about the pain, reminding myself, that I'd been through worse.

"You're doing great. I'll have to disinfect it now and stitch it up, so that could hurt again, but just keep singing", the still unknown boy continued his work.

Chaeryeong and I started to sing the song over and over again, my tight grip on her hand never loosening, while the boy continued to treat my wound, as gentle as he could, which I really appreciated. I bet it would have hurt ten times more otherwise.

"That's it!", he finished putting a bandage on it.

My breath hitched, as I engulfed Chaeryeong into a tight hug, not able to endure the pain anymore.

"Can you please give her some painkillers?", Chaer cried out, seeing me in this vulnerable state.

"I'm really sorry, but I'm not allowed to do that", he started packing up his stuff while Chaeryeong laid me down on the bed we were sitting on, and patted my back, trying to calm me down, while I was a sobbing mess.

"I'm going to check on her later and bring some food for you. For now, she needs some rest", he closed the door after finishing his sentence, sending us one last smile before locking the door again.

I started screaming as soon as he left, the pain being too much for me to handle.

"It's okay, let it out. I'm here for you", Chaeryeong scooted a little closer to me and continued patting my back, showing me, that she was there for me and wouldn't let me suffer alone.

———————————🤍———————————