i: nightmare

ELOISE

The room I'm standing in, is cold. My toes curl up, I get goosebumps, I can feel my skin getting cold making me shiver.

I look around, but no one is here. The space has nothing in it. The only thing that I can see is the color white. There is also no end. Suddenly there is a loud sound and a chimera appears. I try to run, but I can't move. My feet are glued to the floor. I try to scream for help. But my mouth is glued together. The beast is just inches away from me now. This is the end. But before it can do anything, it disappears. I am now lying on a soft carpet. I get on my knees before looking at my surrounding. The familiar bedroom makes my heart skip a beat. I know what's about to happen.

The worst day of my life.

And now I have to relive it again.

I quickly get up from the light pink carpet. I take a last look at the pink room before walking into the hallway. The arguing sounds echo through the apartment. The familiar voice of my stepmother rings through my ears. Her yelling at my father because he cheated with his secretary. The sobs she lets out. My heart aches for this poor woman. She is the best thing that could happen to me, but like always my dad fucks everything up. I peak around the corner to see Helena sobbing, yelling and pushing my father. She looks in my direction and her gaze softens.

"Eloise sweetie, go to sleep." She says

She tries to walk up to me, but my father stops her. He grabs her by the neck. I let out a horrified gasp. He drags her across the glass table before lifting her and smashing her down. The table breaks, Helena is lying on the broken glass. A sob escapes my mouth. My father looks towards me.

"This is what you get for not minding your damn business." He says

I know that these words are directed towards to Helena but a shiver rans down my spine as he says that while looking at me.

Suddenly he reaches into the back of his pants. He pulls out a gun, first pointing at me then at Helena. We're both sobbing, I try to stop him but before I can a step, the gun is pointing at me again.

"Don't you dare."

I don't dare I stay where I am. I look towards Helena. She's sobbing, she saying something to my father but I can't hear it. I don't even register what's happening, the loud sound of a gunshot rings in my ears.

Helena is shot, he shot her directly in the head.

I fall to my knees, the sobs leaving my mouth.

I want to run, but I don't have the energy to stand up.

"That's what happens when you don't listen to daddy, darling." He growls out while taking my chin in his hands and making me look up to him

"You're just as beautiful as your mother." He whispers in my ear

"She was the most beautiful woman I ever saw."

"And the sex was just majestic."

"I wonder what it would feel like to be inside of you."

He grabs me by the back of my hair.

He swiftly lifts me up before laying me aggressively down next to Helena. I can feel the broken glass pieces cutting my back and Helena's blood in my hair, on my arm and leg. I feel disgusting.

I can feel his sweaty hands trail from my cheeks to my neck to my arms then down my waist, before stopping at the waistband of my pajama pants.

"Please stop." I sob out