Part One→Chapter Six

Alex looks at the time. It had turned 10:25.

     "Love... it's time to wake up..."

     Evelyn starts to open her eyes.

     "Hm okay..." She said in a sleepy voice.

     He smiles softly, standing and helping her up. Evelyn stood up and looked in the mirror. "I think I have to get changed before we leave..."

     Alex shrugs. "If you want you can."

     She sighs and went to her closet, and grabbed something to put on. She decided not to strip with Alex in there, so she went to the bathroom instead.

     Alex waited, sitting on her bed. He stretched a bit.

     Evelyn came back, she was wearing a pair of jeans and a cropped hoodie. She had her shoes on and her keys. "Are you ready to go see the bitch?"

     Alex slides on a hoodie and nodded. "Yep, are you?"

     "I am," She starts to walk into the living room. Her mother wasn't there anymore.

     "Alright," He says, walking out after her. Evelyn opens the door for Alex. He nods in thanks and walked outside. Evelyn looks the door, then walks out to the car.

     Alex sat on the passenger side and leaned back in the seat. Evelyn got into the driver's side, turned the car on, and backed out of the driveway. Alex looked out of the window.

    Evelyn starts to drive. "You know the way I was acting about Kaiden earlier...?" She turns to him, while still having her eyes on the road.

     He looks over at her. "Yeah...?"

     "Sexual and physical assault weren't the only charges he got..." Evelyn says as they pull up to a red light. She tried to make it look like all her attention was on the light.

     "What else did he get...?" He asks softly.

     She turned towards him. "Attempted murder."

    "Really? On who...?"

    She frowns. "Take one guess, and I'll tell you if you're right or not."

     "You..?"

     "Bingo," She says, but then she realized the light switched to green, so she continued to drive. "But it's fine. I sometimes which he succeeded though."

     Alex shook his head, anger building up inside him. She turned towards him but looked back at the road. "You don't have to be mad, it's fine! I promise!"

     "It's not fine! How the fuck is murder fine with you?! I swear as soon as I get my fucking hands on that weasel-"

     Evelyn decided not to respond right away, but after a moment she said. "I know it isn't fine, but I honestly didn't care. Someone attempted it with them, but they cracked and called the police. If it wasn't for them I would be dead. You can fight, but I don't know how it's going to end for either of you."

     Alex sighs. There was no point in fighting with her, she was right after all. "Whatever... I just don't want to see you get hurt."

     "You won't." She pauses and slaps her head with her left hand in realization. "Why the fuck didn't I ever block his number?! That thought just came into my mind."

     "I don't know, that would have been a smart thing to do, Evelyn."

     She sighs. "It would have been. He's very manipulative. I've seen him fight other people, and he tries to flirt with them at first, then takes it to the extreme in a minute."