๋࣭ ⋆。 IN ANOTHER LIFE; GOJO SATORU

ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ
˚₊‧꒰ა GOJO SATORU ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
ANGST
————————
>> We'll meet again, right? In another life?
>> ..Yeah. We will.
ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

A white room, with bright white walls. Your head hurt. Your chest hurt. Your arm hurt. Everything hurt. How did you even end up in a place like this? You couldn't remember a thing. Everything was fuzzy. For some reason, your arm was bleeding. But why? You don't recall doing anything to harm it whatsoever. All you know is— your body hurts all over. You looked around, only to see a familiar white-haired man.. without his blindfold.

"Satoru?" You uttered, surprised to see him standing in front of you; though your feelings were mutual with him— he seemed to also be in a state of shock.

"Y/N?" He muttered, taking a few steps forward towards you in pure shock. "Oh, God, Y/N!"

He then ran to you and pulled you into a tight embrace, shocking you as well in the process. He was mumbling incoherent things to himself, but then spoke up—

"I was so fuckin' worried about you. Thank the heavens you're alright. You don't understand how worried I was.. Gosh, where even were you? Oh— what happened to your arm?"

Oh.

..Oh.

You remember now.

You were fighting the notorious Ryomen Sukuna, but messed up a single step while using your cursed technique. Your stamina was low. Your vision was hazy. Your arm was torn off. You dealt so much damage to him already, but he was still standing, and still had a fuck ton of stamina left. At one point, you messed up the timing for your cursed technique, which eventually lead to.. a fatal blow from Sukuna. A beam of cursed energy travelled right through the center of your chest. Had you gotten the timing precisely right, then maybe— just maybe—

"No.." you whispered, looking down onto the white floor, barely even reciprocating his tight embrace. "You.. you shouldn't be here, Satoru."

"What are you talking about?" He asked, pulling away. "Come on, let's go see Shoko to treat that arm—"

You looked up at him, a look of guilt spread across your face. His expression darkened, seeing the look on your face.

"..Y/N, you're scaring me," he said. "What's with that look?"

"You can't stay here," you croaked, tone barely above a whisper. You couldn't cry in front of him. Not yet. You backed away from his touch, leaving him confused.

"Why not?" He asked, brows knitting together in desperation for an explanation.

You pursed your lips, fighting back the tears that oh so desperately tried to escape. "You know why, Satoru."

His eyes widened, as if he was watching his own world crumble right before his ocean eyes.

"..Oh." Was all he managed to say. "..So it really did happen."

You gave him a faint nod, the knot in your throat growing bigger and tighter as seconds pass. "You can't stay."

You were struggling to even form coherent sentences because of the amount of guilt that you are carrying on your shoulders at this very moment. You never wanted it to end like this, but in the same time, was it really your fault?

"Why not?!" He asked aggressively, "I don't care anymore! We're both here, you and me— that's all I ever wanted! We can be happy now, can't we?!"

You shook your head. "Satoru. Don't be selfish. You need to go save the world—"

"No!" He cried, cutting you off. "I don't care if I'm being selfish, there's no way I'm living without you—"

"You can use reverse cursed technique now, can't you?!" You yelled back, a few tears slipping out of your eyes. "If you go now, then you can save the whole world!"

At this point, you were sobbing. Your breathing was ragged, and the knot in your throat was starting to untangle itself. It felt like you were swallowing a huge lump in your throat. You had to admit— you wanted to stay with him. But as much as you wanted to, you couldn't. Not when he had a whole planet to save. Neither one of you could be selfish right now, as you barely even have time until one of you wakes up.

Curse them all.

"I don't care if the world ends!" He argued, "As long as I'm with you, then nothing else matters!"

Curse the higher-ups.

"Don't be stupid!" You argued back, choking on your own tears, "You need to let me go."

Curse the evil entities.

"I can't!" He yelled, "You're the only one that understands me and has been there for me since the start— I can't live without you, Y/N!"

Curse the Jujutsu World.

"Just stop it, Satoru.." you looked down, tears falling onto the ivory white floor.

"You don't understand, do you?" He grit his teeth. "I love you, Y/N. Don't you get it?!"

"I love you too," You whispered. "But you're the only one who can save everyone."

"I don't care about anyone! Only you matter!" He yelled.

"You don't have any time left, Satoru," you said, your tone shifting to a softer one, "You need to go."

He stood silent, taking in your words.

You looked up, a soft smile on your face. You gave him one last final hug before you turned to walk in the opposite direction, a passage opening right before you.

"Where are you going?" He asked, though you didn't answer and only took even more steps towards the passage.

"Hey— Y/N!"

He tried running after you, until you stopped and turned around, an inch before entering the passageway.

"If anything.." You mumbled, "..We'll meet again, right? In another life?"

He pursed his lips, a mixture of anger, regret and sorrow apparent on his face. He nodded, looking down. "..Yeah. We will."

"And in that other life.."

You inhaled before saying the next words.

"We'll get married, right?"

His eyes widened, tears threatening to spill out.

"...𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐇."

——————————

Ohh my Goddd I'm so sorry 🥹. Obviously I'm not saying that Gojo will return, but it's honestly a what-if chapter— like an Alternate Universe. This is honestly my first angst, so I'm taking any criticism. Thank you for reading.