Chapter Two: The Sky Bison's Call

The Throne Room was dark and humid, the only source of light coming from the fervid wall of flames burning into the ceiling in front of (Y/N). Behind the curtain of blazing flames was the silhouette of a large figure with broad shoulders and a high-top bun. His mere presence and shadow alone were intimidating, a dark sinister energy buzzed around him. She could feel this oppressive energy like a dark heavy cloud gathering in the sky, growing until it fills the vast expanse of space.

The Fire Lord was a festering human, one who relished on power and fear.

(Y/N) bowed and stood back up. "Ozai."

A low chuckle comes from the dark figure, amused. If anyone else has said his name so casually and sharply they'd be burnt on the spot.

"Years of captivity still has not tamed your tongue, (Y/N)." His voice was deep and heavy, travelling across the large throne room with ease.

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes at him. "You can put a dragon in a cage but it is still a dragon nonetheless."

"If I had five Generals with your nature, I'd have the Earth Kingdom crumbling by now."

"Prideful creatures like myself don't waste time on meaningless wars that upset the balance of nature."

"Well," He leaned forward a bit and tilted his head, "I suppose that's why I created Scylla."

(Y/N)'s jaw tightened and her eyes glinted golden.

"Now, aside from this heartwarming greeting, I know you have news to tell me." Ozai said, slightly amused by the scowl plastered on her face.

It was vexing how smug a human can get when they're high on more power and authority than they know what to do with. Ozai was a symptom of the cancer festering the Fire Nation, it saddened her that her people could be so blindly belligerent.

She sighed, making sure to keep her temper in check. "With the return of the Fire Nation my search is at hand. The other children are elusive; thus, I require full immunity and freedom to do as I please in order to capture them."

There was a pause and she could feel the Fire Lord's intense eyes beyond the burning wall.

(Y/N) swallowed but made sure the nervousness did not show on her face. Her eyes were dead set, lips placed in a thin line, not a hair out of place or even a trickle of sweat. Cool as a cucumber.

"And by immunity, what exactly do you mean by that?"

"Scylla kills whoever she needs to kill and I do everything I need to do in order to capture the other children." She said coolly.

Ozai suddenly stood up and the fire dwindled down as he walked towards her. Finally, as he stepped over the dying flames, she could see him through the flickering orange light of the fire.

His features had gotten sharper, the line under his eyes heavier but there was a certain aging maturity to him; it was as if he had aged five years over the last three years that she had been on the frontline.

He towered over her, dark amber eyes staring into the depths of her soul; so intensely she was certain he'd look straight through her.

She narrowed her eyes up at him, refusing to show that she was intimidated by him.

"And what if you use this immunity to, let's say, band together the other Children and join the Avatar to defeat me?" He asked, voice heavy and deep.

"I Yielded to you." She said in an obvious tone, "As much as I am opposed to you and the idea you stand for, I am your servant until you release me back into the Spirit World."