what would i do?

this book is getting a little too much attention.. um wsg gang?

"[lastname], these are!.. very creative!"

anri praised you with shining eyes that was hewing over your ipad screen, it made feel a bit gleam in your chest when the woman couldn't stop extolling at your work.

"don't raise her confidence too much, anri. she's just doing her job." the bowl-cot man blunted, his void of an eyes never leaving the blazing screen that's showing the blue lock boys sweaty states.

"and she's doing a great job i must say!" the bright brunette stood her ground. still scrolling through the large ipad with a beam smile.

"it was nothing.." you mumbled, turning your eyes around sheepishly. the woman's words were getting you good making overwhelmed and your cheeks burning. being showered with many compliments from another woman was just different.

"no, I'm serious! these are so detailed and not difficult to catchup on. their strongest points and their limits and all the the theories of every ability they could gain with time, it's just perfect! you know these boys like the back of your hand."

above all, anri stopped doubting you the moment that chigiri boy started using his legs to slice the filed like a sprint car. her shook was unimaginable, the fact that breath the life back to that boy's legs was the beyond the imagination itself. who knows what more could you reveal again?

rubbing the back of your neck as anri kept rambling about how good of a good work you achieved, silently begging her to stop because you could feel yourself melting to the ground eating you whole.

"you also should have a password for it, can't risk these precious information to get stolen." she adds.

you see as anri jumped in ego's face, demanding he at least read one page. he actually gives up and snatch it from her hand. "hm, not bad." an unreadable expression still remains on his face, you sometimes can't tell if he was being sarcastic or genuine with that flat tone.

yet this was the man you took a deal with, you chose to believe in whatever he meant by your potential. you trusted him and his assistant with the future of japan's soccer. and you agreed to be a hand in this project, there was no going back now.

it's funny how you even agreed to lie about the school ranked thing, 'cause honestly if they did end up in the last place you would've quit immediately. that's what you told yourself.

"however, [name]. I'll ask you a question." you were dragged out of your thoughts by the sharp voice of ego. turning his himself and seat to you.

"what's your opinion on the boy, hiori yo."

and of course this.

there's a lot of things you notice about your team, and specifically the boy that incarnated the cyan itself.

through games and training, you could analyze the boy traits easily. you had an eyes of it own despite the boy being a good and even a great player. there's something, something so lurking about him.

unlike everyone in the field his eyes was never once filled with the same excitement and passion his other teammates had. sure he was happy but more for his friends and never himself.

he was born with the talent, but without the soul.

it wasn't favoritism, but you sometimes tend to give the boy extra free time. get him out of training for any stupid reason, feeding ego excuses for him not to play.

hiori wasn't blind, he saw what you were doing, it was so obvious that karasu was suspicious that you favored the hiori over — him — everyone. in the end there's nothing that crow head could go through without him heeding.