not the one for you ; drabble

Something is bothering you, I know. You hope no one noticed that your bad mood stems from the simple fact that your fiancée is an insensitive asshole, but I did. I always do.

I notice things about you that most people don't, I always have. You must think that's just me being an observant person or an attentive friend, and while you're not wrong... it's so much more than that.

You're the single most fascinating person in the world to me, Hayley. Everyday I'm in complete awe of you and your ability to always settle for so much less than you actually deserve. I wish I could be the one to show you just how lovely you are, but I'm not.

And even if I was, I would never know. You already chose not to open that box, and I've made peace with it. I will give you my friendship instead, because even though I'm not the one for you, you're all I have. And I can't afford to lose you. I simply can't.

***

a/n:

sooo... drabbles are short works of fiction of precisely one hundred words in length, but people sometimes still refer to works that exceed the traditional 100 word limit by a little (this one being more than 100 but less than 200) that way.

their purpose is to test a writer's skill by challenging them to express interesting and meaningful ideas in a confined space. so i decided to give it a try and write some tayley drabbles as practice. this was my first attempt at writing in this format ever but i hope you liked it.

also !! this first chapter is written in second person but i'm gonna be alternating between pov's as i go most probably.