boy modifier ; drabble

Everytime Hayley called him her friend, Taylor's heart ached.

It was true that they had known each other since they were kids, and their bond had grown into a deep, mature friendship over the course of a decade. They were each other's oldest and most trusted friend. They had shared countless memories, inside jokes and secrets.

It was why they were so great together. Underneath all the hormones and desire for her to just tear into his skin, was the feeling that she already knew him, inside and out. That she didn't even have to rip his clothes off to see all of him.

She was the one who stayed by his side through thick and thin, the one who made him laugh till his sides hurt, the one who could finish his sentences before he even formulated them and the one who could read his mind with just a glance.

It seriously took him way too long to accept it but Hayley Williams, with her bright eyes and infectious smile, held his heart in her hands.

He was madly, deeply, and irrevocably in love with her. Every beat of his heart echoed her name, every breath he took carried the lingering scent of her presence. It was as if she had become ingrained in his very soul. He doesn't even know at what point he became a poet but he assumed love just did that to you.

Everytime Hayley called him her friend, Taylor's heart ached with the realization that he wanted the "boy" modifier so badly.

And now, as they sat together on her couch, their arms touching and her laughter filling the room as Jeremy did a bad impression of a celebrity, Taylor couldn't help but be terrified. Terrified for the first time in his life that he might lose the one person who he couldn't imagine living without.

***

a/n:

damn i didn't wanna say that i was gonna try and post something everyday bc i knew i'd just disappoint myself. but to my surprise i haven't !! i'm keeping my goal so far.