no-brainer ; drabble

The answer came easily as his lips pressed against her neck and his hands moved down her sides. But it had been a no-brainer, really. Of course, she wanted him. She probably always did, even if she'd never been able to admit it. Truth was, she'd never been more sure of anything in her life. But now that he was here with her and they had just crossed the invisible line they'd been threading for as long as she could remember, it didn't even feel real.

It was crazy to think they'd known each other their whole lives but didn't see it coming. Crazy to think that she'd spent the last decade denying what had always been so obvious. Crazy to think that Taylor felt the same way for her as she felt for him. Crazy to think that after all this time, she finally knew what it was like to be with him.

And now, as Taylor's body relaxed onto the mattress, gently pulling her close and nestling her petite form against his own, following what could best be described as the culmination of their profound connection, Hayley couldn't help but chuckle softly.

It was just so ridiculous how long it had taken for them to finally get together like this, especially given that everyone around them had known it was inevitable from the moment they'd met. But then again, as she snuggled into his arms and allowed herself to drift off into a peaceful sleep, Hayley realized she wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

She would never trade all those years of friendship, camaraderie, and mutual support that had brought them to this point, no matter how much she might have wished things had gone differently at times. Because it might have taken her fifteen years to open her eyes and see what was right in front of her, but it had all been worth it, and that was all that mattered.

***

a/n:

updates are a little slower now because i've been getting burned out very easily while writing for my other projects. still i try to pour my heart into these everytime.