CHAPTER 2: Shenaganians, Crushes and Screams

"You seriously mean to say that you kicked that football shaped cake in front of everyone?"

"I did buddy... I legit thought that was a ball because our college team had just won the finals against the Oxford team... and they had placed that cake on the ground, how was I supposed to think that that's a cake!"

Abhimanyu's ears now perked up. He had silently been listening to their animated conversation. He had to admit he was rather entertained by the seemingly endless as well as diverse shenanigans of Anita.

"You can play football too?" he asked.

"Of course yes!! I was captain too for one year in my high school's football team."

Anita's excited chatter continued. While Sohail was more involved in the conversation than Abhimanyu, he did not fail to notice his friend's lips tug up in a genuine smile.

Sohail mentally cheered himself; his friend was no doubt respectful and charming around ladies but witnessing him genuinely enjoy himself in the presence of one was not frequent.

"Thank you guys for changing your route and accompanying me home" Anita said graciously, opening the gate of her uncle's quarter.

"Any time Anita. It's nothing" Abhimanyu replied quickly with Sohail nodding in agreement.

"You can come in for some drinks or coffee if you like, say?... You too Sohail"

Sohail grinned, mentally congratulating himself for at last his friend had a girl in quite some time, who was interested to talk and know him; whom Abhimanyu had not put off or scared away.

"I am not too sure of that Anita" Sohail intervened quickly,"Bro your uncle is scary."

Sohail and Anita grinned first, Abhimanyu glared at his friend, following which both Sohail and Anita burst into laughter. Abhimanyu let himself roll his eyes, sure they couldn't stop over for the offered drinks and sure Sohail's excuse was valid enough but he was certain that was not to be said aloud before a girl on the night of their first dance.

"Alright, enough" he said in a so done voice, making the other two laugh even more, "It's getting late. We should all be getting home now."

•..... ••<<<<∆∆∆∆∆>>>>••.....•

"Sooooo, how long has this been going on?"

Abhimanyu smirked, mentally readying himself for the tirade of questions that was to follow. But, he was pleased nonetheless, it was not often thT he got to give his best friend some shockers in the field of relationships and girls.

"Quite a bit now," he answered smugly, "She is witty and cute isn't she?"

"Bro she is a perfection walking on earth. There can be no comparison- buddy, she is so talented and smart."

"Woah Sohail, smitten are you?"

"WHAT HELL NAAH!"

Abhimanyu bit his lip to stop his chuckle; his friend's expression was too priceless.

"Look here you idiot, listen to me very carefully Major Abhimanyu, you better not mess this wonderful relationship that might come off this," Sohail lectured much to Abhimanyu's amusement, "I hope I won't have to worry about this, this time, considering you initiated it and did not even tell me for god knows how long."

"Aww man, don't be grumpy. When you were called away for that emergency situation in the northern terrains without any network, that's when we met and we-"

Abhimanyu couldn't complete; the two boys were shook by an almost ear piercing scream in the empty grounds.