𝟢𝟢𝟧. 𝖿𝗎𝗋𝗒 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗀𝗂𝗏𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌

"oh, june, that's awful. i'm sorry." maddie frowned.

"it's ok." she shrugged.

"so, she poured bleach into your food and then when you took tylenol, you choked on it?"

"yeah, mr. martin said that just the bleach alone would have killed me later on. my lungs would have given out. taking the tylenol is just what sped it up. when they mixed, they didn't mix well. the cake was the only i had eaten that day as well since i skipped out on breakfast. it created this weird chemical reaction my body couldn't handle. it started fizzing and rose until it was in my mouth. i mean, it was like rabies, i was quite literally foaming at the mouth." juniper explained.

"why would she even do that, though? didn't she think that might kill you?"

"that's exactly it, though. she wasn't trying to kill me. sure, her prank was a terrible idea, but she thought i would taste it and spit it out. i was going to a culinary school the following year. that was what i had chose to major in. she knew i was a good baker and cook, she was just trying to ruin my food."

"that's still so messed up. but... you don't seem angry at all. how?"

"well, i was angry. i didn't know what happened to me. i was confused. i wandered the halls and listened to people. i got all the information i needed. the coroner said that there was bleach in my system from that day. i thought back to everything and realized that kacey was the one to do it."

"that one moment i stepped away to help skylar. that was why it tasted weird, that was why she asked me how it tasted. she was acting strange and i didn't know why. i didn't think to much about it. but then i figured it out. after i died, i quickly met everyone. wally, actually told me, he was in that class when she did it. he saw it happen. but he wasn't in my fourth period when i died."

"wally, rhonda, and charley were quick to become my friends. so quick, that the three of them watched me follow her for two classes, screaming at her. i said so many hurtful things to her even though she couldn't hear me. so many things that had never left my mouth before. things i would never ever say."

"then, i followed her to the bathroom, where she had a breakdown. she was sobbing on the floor, confessing to herself. she felt so guilty. it made me feel so guilty that the three had to watch me cry for an hour. i felt guilty because of things i had said. because i was so mad."

"you felt mad because you were angry for her killing you?"

june pursed her lips and nodded.

"i know. it sounds strange. but that's the way im wired." she shrugged.

"wally and i are close and that's why. he was the first to comfort me. he showed me all the good things about the afterlife."

"what's so good about it?" maddie scoffed.

june titled her head, a smile tugging on her lips.

"you finished with your cake?"

"yeah." maddie nodded, slightly pushed her empty plate forward to show june.

"perfect. come with me." she smiled, standing up.