32. Control ⭒

A few things:

•no, the bartender that was mean is not working tonight so she will not be in this chapter. my rules :)

•authors note and cast list for Resurgence posted!

•this chapter took forever to write because I simply could not get the words out, so I hope it's okay. After multiple re-reads and altercations, I'm still iffy

•I know the past few chapters have been really long, I promise I'll let up a little

❗️TW : SMUT (I'm taking a big leap here... I'm using a word... if you don't like it, it won't be used again... teehee)
_________

~Padme's POV~

"I am a proud mother!" I cupped y/n's face in my hands. "You look perfect."

I pulled out my best tricks for y/n to make her look ravishing, yet feel as comfortable as she could. We went through many, many options until she found something to wear that was revealing enough, but not too over the top. It was a black bodysuit with many rhinestones and mesh, her arms were bare, as well as some cleavage and torso, but you could still see the skin of her legs through the thin fabric. (She's wearing the Rhinestoned Janice Jumpsuit by Poster Girl)

After making the final decision, her tenseness eased drastically, but we pondered that there was still something missing. Looking through my drawers, I found a new crimson wig that complimented her skin tone and framed her face with some fringe.

Now she was all done up, including the black pleasers which, surprisingly, she had zero problems walking in.

"The wig definitely helps." She did a little turn in her shoes and admired the shimmer of the rhinestones and glitter. The shape of the jumper accentuated her curves brilliantly. "I can't believe your boss agreed to this."

I held her chin to dust some highlighter on her cheeks and made sure every powder and color was in place. "You did agree to give half your tips to the place and you know how to dance. Short-staffs during the Winter get us." I fixed the red locks over her shoulders. "Now remember; not too much face, slow and steady, and don't take drinks from anyone other than the servers. This place is packed with security, some are undercover, so you are safe and you will not be pulled or yanked in any direction. I'll be on the stage to your right."

Giving a confirming nod, we grasped hands and wished the other girls good luck. They were very sweet with y/n, giving her compliments and helping touch her up. They're so good at easing nerves, especially when I first started. In a dog-eats-dog industry, I am extremely lucky.

We walked through the curtain to a very dimly lit club. Not too busy, yet, but it was still considered an early time. Patrons are still pouring in, and will continue to during the first dancers' song, which I myself have specifically requested.

Before we went out separate ways, I let her know that we have two songs before a break. I could feel the heat of nerves radiating from her skin. I pointed to the stage that was already being protected by a guard and I blew her a kiss before letting her go.

"You've got this." I mouthed.

I waltzed up the small stairs and struck my starting pose on stage, waiting for the beat.