𝖛𝖎𝖎. bloodlust

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN .

🏹 🪓

   TEN CHARIOTS RODE through the screaming crowds surrounding them, with a lovely capitol orchestra playing unnecessary God-like music as the stallions dragged their carriages through the crowds

   TEN CHARIOTS RODE through the screaming crowds surrounding them, with a lovely capitol orchestra playing unnecessary God-like music as the stallions dragged their carriages through the crowds. aralia and ashton were the very last to leave of course. it went by each district, meaning that district one would leave first, leaving district twelve to be the last.

aralia watched at district eleven's chariot left their place in front of them. she heard the announcers over the loud speakers ooh-ing and ah-ing as each chariot raced up to the capitols balcony. sitting on top, president snow. a feeble old man. he was tall, towering over everyone around him, but slender. it was weird to see a person from the capitol so skinny. they seem to be throwing away food at any given moment, while back in twelve, people were actively starving to death as he stood there.

suddenly, aralia felt herself beginning to struggle to breathe. her chest rose and sank quicker than normal. yes, she's felt this feeling before. there have been plenty of moments where she's found herself running from from coyotes in the woods around district twelve with ashton. running from something that's supposed to normally be faster than you obviously will take a toll on your lungs. but this, this was different. she was always able to catch her breath afterwards. she hadn't even done anything to lose it in the first place here. and now, she couldn't seem to get it back.