Chapter Two

Chapter Two: The Revelation 

Alaelys Daltheon

I stay composed in my lying position, directing my attention to the ceiling above, allowing my eyes to flicker between all the intricate details it holds. A sight I've grown accustomed to, featuring dragons soaring through the sky, unleashing flames that engulf and consume everything in their path.

The scene portrays people in a state of terror, frantically trying to escape the scorching heat. The sight of their relentless fear was something I never thought I could truly comprehend. Yet, it's a sensation I've come to understand within this chamber, in this stilling position.

Next to me, the weighty sound of Raegor's snores triggers tension in my body. I compel myself to remain motionless, releasing only occasional, irregular breaths. Several hours have passed, but it seems he had finally concluded his dealings with me for the night, and I am desperate to keep it so.

The intense ache between my legs intensifies, compelling me to seek solace in the scorching bath awaiting me in my chamber. The persistent memory of his touch on my body only heightens the desire. I longed to be free from it all—free from its severity and domineering nature.

With deliberate, unhurried movements, I turn my head slightly, observing his bare chest as it rises and falls with a steady rhythm. Even in his slumber, his expression was daunting, marked by a tense furrow between his brows and a firm pout on his lips.

A scar akin to mine adorns his right eye, tracing the contour of his face. It peaks just above his eyebrow and descends to the top of his defined cheekbone. I fixate on the mark, and my expression contorts in disdain at the sight of it.

For many, Raegor would be considered remarkably beautiful, due to his long, luxurious silver-gold hair cascading down to the middle of his back. Or perhaps it's the rich, dark indigo eyes that entice anyone to steal a glance, captivated by his commanding features.

Yet, as I gaze upon his face, all I perceive is a vile creature.

I force myself to avert my gaze before gently maneuvering to extricate myself from the sheets encasing me inside. Gradually, I lift the sheet away, unveiling my naked body marked by the traces of sweat and fluids.

I wince at the sight and rise from the bed with a deep sigh. The motion sends a piercing ache throughout my entire body. Nevertheless, without pausing, I move toward the nearby chair where Raegor tossed my robe.

The silky fabric provides immediate comfort as I drape it over my shoulders, securing the knot tightly around my stomach. At the sound of another snore escaping his lips, I swiftly turn my head back to my brother.

He shifts in the bed, and my heart stills as I gaze blankly at him, gripped by fear. I remain frozen for a few minutes, unable to bring myself to move within the chamber. Alongside me, a glint of something shiny grabs my attention, pulling my gaze to shift in its direction.