Chapter one

Heyyy if you are stopping to read my book thank you I love you. Please vote and comment.

******

"Shit!" She quickly picked out her sandals to wear, she was so late and her professor was going to make her wait outside for a few minutes which he had done three times this week.

She couldn't risk it.

She walked briskly in the hallway only to be knocked over by some dude.

" Oh my god!" She crouched to pick up her books.

" I am so sorry" he tried to apologize but she was only thinking of how to get to class before her professor.

She quickly packed her books on the floor heading to class as fast as she could. She got to her lecture room only to hear her professor's voice.

Shoot me! She thought.

" Miss ademola" her professor's voice rang and she froze on a spot praying that her professor doesn't make her wait outside.

" You are late again for the third time this week" her professor was a man in his late fifties he had few gray hairs on his freshly cut afro. And a few gray hairs on his beard too, and for one he loves to wear glasses even though he has a perfect sight.

" I am sorry sir, it won't repeat itself" age closed her eyes.

" Well that was what you said the first, second and third time". Everyone had started to stare at her and it made her sick she hate being the center of attention.

" I am serious this time it won't repeat itself"

" I am sorry too but you would have to stay outside for a while "

Dang it! She balled her fist walking outside.

She brought out her book writing down what her professor was saying not minding that she had already missed the first part of the lecture.

After lectures she rushed out if the hall as far as she could but her professor called her back.

Why was luck not on her side this morning.

He was going to make her stay hours in his office lecturing her on the dangers of late coming.

" You need to start taking your classes seriously" he gently removed his glasses from his eyes and put them in the case.

" I do take my classes seriously". She was slightly annoyed by what he had said.

" Your grades are impeccable but you need to start waking up early, early to bed early to rise" a smile played across his lips.

" I was tutoring some kid yesterday and I had to read too" she almost sneered.

" Well if this repeats itself you will have to face my wrath "

" Yes sir "

Other students come late but he wouldn't talk about them but because he knows her family he speaks on everything she does. She walked out of his office with her stomach growling.

She dragged her tired feet to the cafeteria thinking of what to buy.

" I take it you were late to class" jummy walked beside her holding out a tray for her to hold.

" Then he gave me a lot of reasons why I shouldn't come late" she  sighed walking to the front to get food.

She bought rice and stew with a bottle of coke.

" Why does he speak about everything you do?"

" Coz he fucking knows my family, he was the one who told me I have to get a particular mark and here am I studying and he is telling me I am freaking late" she stabbed her chicken putting a piece in her mouth.

" Well I have something for you" jummy smiled.

" What?"

" Well there's this party going on campus that could ease your mind "

" No no I am not going I have this tutoring session with a student I don't have time" she refused.

" It's a great party"

" And it involves people so no"

" You suck!" Jummy ate her food pouting while kanyin laughed at her.

****

Please tell me what you think. Love you 💕.