Chapter 3 : The Deal

Y/n have had plenty of friends, but none of them really got to know them. And Y/n didn't want them to.
Earlier when Y/n had just come to this school, all that everyone knew them from was their family name and its reputation. But they made a name for themselves in just a month. All the students loved y/n for the fun that they gave them, with of course their rebellious techniques.
Bunking school, playing tricks on teachers, making a fool of the assembly speaker..all of them were plotted by Y/n, but implemented by their minions, or say, classmates. And never did they get caught. Except, the last time when someone ratted them out.

Currently, the dark had taken over, and so had their hoodlum persona. Since fun was over, Y/n was heading back to business.
Tonight Y/n had decided to meet up with an old co-worker, with whom they used to run business with, a really long time ago. He had messaged Y/n a while ago through a messenger of his, that he wants to discuss some matters with them concerning business. And so, Y/n headed to the meeting spot on their bike.

"Y/n." He addressed. "It's been a while."

"It sure has, Koko." replied Y/n taking off their helmet.

He looked at their bike and commented. "Looks like you made loads to buy a thing like that all by yourself. Or did you shoplift this beast too?"

"Nah, I lifted this from a kiddo gang. They didn't seem like they needed it. So, just gave them a favour." Y/n explained with a small laugh.
"On to business, what was so important that you had to meet me after years of our partnership ending? I'm assuming it's important and gang related."

"As right as always. I've recently joined a gang in this area called Black Dragons and we are soon gonna have a fight with Toman and-"

"Okay, so you need information about Toman. U didn't have to explain the whole shit like I've got time." Y/n cut him off.

"Right. So when will you be able to provide me with it?"

"Usually, it takes me at least four days to get info on small gangs and since Toman is a big and popular one, it'll need me at least a week." Y/n stated.

"Here's the advance, and get it done in four days. I'll meet you again on this spot at the same time as now." Koko demanded and handed you a bunch of cash. A small smile crept up onto their face as they looked at the money and then to their old partner. It's been a really long time and yet koko hasn't broken his hard shell.

Ever since that day..the day he ended their partnership, he hasn't been the same. Y/n tried to ask him the reason but it just brought an end to their relationship with him.

Year 2000

Hajime Kokonoi, that was a name famous among the small thieves in Shibuya. He was exceptionally good at making money in shady ways. He had a bunch of kids working under him, stealing for him. No one really cared about his reason for thirsting over money at this age as long as they were given their share of the theft. From the rumors, Y/n had learnt that he had only appeared in the world recently and had already become popular. Hearing of him, Y/n was reminded of their past too, they were just as popular as him in their rookie days too. And now Y/n was known by almost everyone in this world. It only took them a year to reach this far because they always did business in partnership with others.

And as soon as the news about this guy appearing in their area reached Y/n's ears, they decided to meet him.

"Hey."
Y/n called out to a kid with black hair in middle partition who was heading somewhere.
He didn't pay any attention to Y/n and kept walking.

"Hajime kokonoi, you do business around here and a pretty good one at that. I've heard rumors about you. You're one money thirsty kid. Am I right?" Y/n followed him and kept talking.

"Well, I am y/n. I do the same business as you, and have been for about a year."

'so my introduction alone doesn't seem to faze him..'

He still kept walking unbothered.

"I am y/n, if that doesn't interest you, then my proposal for business partnership should. How about it? Every time I've ever partnered up with anyone, I've only brought triple of what they usually made. And I believe you and I would make even more since you smell different." Y/n proposed making him halt. He turned around to come face to face with them.

"About time you turned out." Y/n commented with a smirk.

"Your proposal is undeniably attractive. I accept. And yes your name alone did faze me but I did not expect you to show up with a proposal at sudden." He confessed looking serious.

"Let's make a contract." Proposed Y/n.

"Sure but I have one condition." Koko replied.

"And what is it?"

"The expiry of that contract will be the day I decide it on." He demanded it seriously.

"That sounds not so reliable but since you look so serious and determined, I trust you. But it better not end in just two weeks. My contracts last at least a month."
Affirmed Y/n.

"I assure you it won't end that quickly."

"Good. So, we're business partners now." Y/n smiled and offered their hand which he shook with a nod.

That was their first meeting with Kokonoi. They both had become really successful in doing business but Koko always seemed unsatisfied. Y/n ignored that a lot of times till one day it got to them so much that they fought with him. Just how thirsty was he that even after gaining so much, he still yearned for more? Y/n didn't get it. So they just shut up and minded their own business. Soon after that fight, Y/n met Koko for the last time. He ended the contract with an emotionless face and just left without saying anything further. That saddened Y/n. Never seeing him again after that day saddened them. And remembering all these memories, Y/n looked into his eyes feeling nostalgic.

"Are you happy now.. Koko?" Y/n asked in a low voice with a sad smile.
Koko just looked at them emotionlessly.

"I guess not. I miss the old you. The one who used to be excited to make money with me. The Koko before he ended the contract with me. I don't know what happened but ever since that, I've only seen your inner self go downhill to the point you don't even smile. And that actually saddens me." Reminisced Y/n, holding his hand tighter. Koko only looked away with silence plastering his face.
After a couple of seconds of silence, Y/n assumed that it was the end of their conversation and turned to leave.

"Y/n, you haven't changed either." Y/n turned back around to see him wearing a sad smile. Y/n smiled back and hugged him. He hugged them back.

"I've missed you a lot. A whole lot. Please be happy Koko, I really want you to."

"I've missed you too y/n. And I am trying. I want you to be happier as well. All this time, I always heard about you from fellow mates who kept me updated about how you are doing." Koko confessed.

"So you had spies on me?"  Y/n questioned with a light laugh pulling away from the hug.

"Maybe." Koko teased.

'The old Koko..how I've missed you..'

"Yeah of course." Y/n teased back with a laugh.

And that's how Y/n and Koko met after 5 years, tonight.

-
Word count - 1300