Chapter 14 : Family affairs

27th December, 2005

"Sae, arrange Y/n's and Tsuyoshi's rooms. I need them all cleaned up by 4 today. Also make sure you have them dressed up. I don't want to disappoint our guest." An authoritative voice of a female rang throughout the lavish drawing room.
She had long, straight dark hair with light brown highlights, big eyes and bow shaped lips which complemented her perfect V-shaped jaw. She was in her 30's, somewhere around 35. And this woman was the mistress of this mansion. Namely, Kirishima Touka.

"Yes, Lady." The called servant bowed down at her as she collected her handbag from the other servant's hands, ready to go to work.

Kirishima Touka, was the mother of two kids- L/n Y/n and L/n Tsuyoshi. Y/n often thought about why their mother didn't have the same last name as their father as it was very unlikely for women to keep their old last name after the marriage. They never really paid enough mind to ask their mother because they had already assumed that it may be because their mother was from a traditional aristocrat family that did not let her change it. Or maybe it was just her own will. Y/n didn't really care in the end.

Right now, Y/n was in their room, busy playing games on their newly bought PlayStation 3. A knock was heard from their door as they answered loudly to it,
"Come in!"
And footsteps were heard coming towards them. They didn't bother to divert their attention as they guessed who it was.

"Y/n, please turn off your games. You must get ready as some guests are about to arrive in a while. Your mother has told me to clean your room so please head out. I've ironed your formal wear in the dressing room." She informed them in receiving a silent grunt upon hearing that. They did what was told and headed outside to go change.

Seeing their formal clothes picked out for them-they knew who the 'guests' were which were coming today. A sigh left their lips.

They weren't very fond of wearing formals because they rarely attended any formal functions with their parents. They weren't a fan of them. So, it was always their brother their parents took everywhere with them as the 'mannered' kid of theirs.

They heard a knock on the door as they finished putting the outfit on. Sae came in to inform that their room had been arranged and now she's going to style their hair.

A comfortable silence surrounded them as their hair were being done, making them zone out in boredom. After a few seconds, a question popped in their head about something which they had never really paid attention to before.

"Sae where is your family? I don't really remember you taking any days off from work. Not even on Christmas." This never came to their notice until today. They were kinda surprised that they never thought about it before.

Sae took a pause making short eye contact with Y/n's reflection in the mirror. A smile made its way on her face as she answered.

"They're here. I was with them on Christmas."

"Oh? Well I don't really remember that. How many kids do you have?" Y/n asked curiously.

"One."

"How old?"

"Your age." This information fueled Y/n's curiosity even more.

"Oh, damn. Didn't expect that. You're pretty young to have a fifteen year old child."

"Yes, I was married early. When I was only twenty."

"Dang, just like Mother."

"Certainly. Me and your mother have some similarities."

"Yeah. And how's your child like?"

"Just like you, stubborn and mischievous but also good at heart." A small laugh escaped the woman's lips as she finished her job, spraying their hair.