Blood will spill

Yeah just casually publishing two chapters today. All right people, as you can guess by the title of the chapter, there is blood, like this is a trigger warning Idk

Leo and Donnie had ventured into the woods, on Donnie's demand, to go find Raph and Mikey, who had been gone all day. Donnie watched his feet as he walked, whereas Leo looked about two feet ahead, his head was inclined like Donnie's, but not as much. He heard the weird shuffling of Donnie's feet as they walked, which didn't usually happen unless the genius was nervous.

"Everything good?" Leo asked, trying to peek at Donnie's face. "Yeah, all good. Just thinking about an experiment I'm planning on doing," Donnie replied without looking up. "No, something's off with you, with all of you." Leo pushed, trying to get answers, but keeping a warm touch in his voice.

"Well, I'm, you see... there's just been..." Donnie was cut off as Leo slid a hand over his mouth. "Don't stutter on me, Don. We all know that something is up, just be the truthful, trustworthy brother you are," Donnie looked into Leo's sapphire eyes, his amber ones unreadable.

"If I tell you, then I risk ruining everything. I don't... I can't let you hurt more people, I promised I wouldn't let you do that. But here we are, in the exact part of the woods that you killed someone in," Donnie choked out, tears streaming softly down his face.

"What do you mean?" Leo asked in confusion. "Kill me. I know you want to, it's clear in your gaze. That irrepressible feeling of joy it brings you, the love you receive from watching dead souls. Kill me, and be happy. Kill everyone, kill them all for happiness, what do you have when it's over? What do you have?" Donnie yelled, his expression an unreadable pain, coming from inside. 'Did I... do this?' Leo wondered in horror.

"Go on, kill me!" Donnie screamed, pushing a blade into Leo's hands. "I- I can't kill you." Leo choked out, his breath hitching in his throat. "Do it," Donnie urged, tears falling along his face and landing on the soft soil. "I can't," Leo said, watching his brother's distressed form. "Then how did you kill Mahō? He was like a brother to you, do to me what you did to him," Donnie pleaded.

"No... no I can't. I can't," Leo sobbed, dropping the blade. "Yes, you can. It's so easy. You take the blade, you," he made a slicing motion across his throat, "slide it softly along the air hole, you push in, blood spills. And then you get your joy," Donnie said softly. He picked up the blade and pushed it back into Leo's hand.

Leo stared at the blade for a long moment, taking in the way the moon reflected off of the silver surface, the way it curved so slightly but neatly at the end, and how it would look with blood. His brother's blood. A smile formed on his face at the thought.

"No..." Leo choked out, "no. I don't want it to make me happy... I don't want to kill," he placed the blade back into Donnie's hands, and folded the skinny fingers lightly over the blade. "But you do want to kill." Donnie stated simply. "Maybe, but I won't. Can't." Leo replied, taking his now shaking hand off of Donnie's. Donnie looked back down into Leo's face, and handed him the blade once more.

"Please Donnie... don't make me do this," Leo begged, but he felt his hands curling around the handle, becoming familiar with the way to hold it, and he could already sense himself planning just where and how to cut. "I don't want you to die," Leo choked out, tightening his grip on the handle. "I know, Leo, I know." Donnie comforted, sliding a hand along the back of Leo's shell, caressing it, for he knew these were his last moments.

"S-stop asking me to kill you..." Leo closed his eyes, his mouth wavering as he cried. "I can't. Please, do it." Donnie encouraged, no longer yelling, only being as comforting as he could. Leo raised the blade to eye-level. He spun it around a few times, still in the tight hug Donnie had forced him into. "I- I'll do it." Leo choked out, a small smile on his quivering lips.

"Thank you," Donnie breathed out, his hand moving from Leo's shell to his head, rubbing it softly. Leo pressed against his brother, and silently, quickly, plunged the blade into Donnie's throat. He waited for the choking sounds, for the blood to trickle down, everything felt as if it were playing in slow motion, even as he smiled, he felt some form of regret as he waited for the body to topple over.

"Leo?" He heard a faint voice ask. "D-Donnie?" He wondered aloud, not baring to open his eyes. "I told you that I wouldn't let you harm anyone ever again," Donnie said, hugging Leo even more tightly. "How?" Leo choked out, not really caring, just glad that he hadn't actually done it.

"Them," Donnie replied. Leo jerked up immediately, and turned around. "Mikey? Raph? Skinwalkers?" He questioned. "Hello." Mikey replied. "We're here to help you." Raph added, "it's all gonna be okay," Donnie cooed, continuing to rub Leo's shell.

"No," Leo yelled, struggling to free himself from his brother's grip, and beginning to cry. "Hey, it's okay," Mikey reassured, stepping ever closer. "No," Leo's complaint was muffled as Donnie slid his arm over Leo's mouth.

"We're not gonna hurt you," Raph said, also stepping closer. Leo's sobs were also muffled as his brothers closed in on him. Leo struggled, he kicked his feet, trying to get everyone away from him. After a few moments of scrambling, his head emerged. "Stop it!" He yelled.

Everyone tore away from him, leaving him to catch his breath on the ground. He glanced over to Mikey, and a soft sparkle of something in his neck caught Leo's attention. Quickly, he lunged from his position, and tackled Mikey to the ground. He pulled the sparkling thing out of his neck, it was shaped like a star, and it beeped softly. He saw a similar device on his other brothers, although the skinwalkers had fled.

Mikey began coughing, and Leo looked down at him. "Mikey?" He inquired, sliding off of his brother. "Leo...?" Mikey said nervously. "Are you okay?" Leo asked worriedly.

"I-" Mikey was cut off as blood spurted from his mouth. Leo's eyes widened in horror as his baby brother caught the small trail of red liquid in his hands, and glanced down at it. "Oh no..." Leo said, his expression unreadable as he watched Mikey's body convulse. "Help... them," Mikey choked out, pointing at Donnie and Raph. "No... I can't let you die, I can't!" Leo yelled. "Yes, you can. It's so easy," Mikey said. Head resting softly on the ground. "You take the blade, you slide it softly along the air hole, you push in, blood spills." Leo couldn't bear to hear the rest, but he had to, he knew he did, despite Donnie having told him exactly this before.

"And then you get your joy." Mikey finished, eyes sliding shut. "Good night, Mikey." Leo whispered, and a tear rolled down his cheek. He turned around to glare at Raph and Donnie. "As for you two..." he said, getting up.

The soft sound of a blade being taken out of its sheath flowed through the air. "...Blood will spill."

💀 🩸 why am I writing this?