Part four

Aunusti smith
Memphis, Tennessee
Two days later

"Kairo where does Kyla go to school at? I wanna go pick her up." I said on FaceTime with Kai.

"She go to East, but you don't gotta pick her up ma. I'm gone bring her over there later." He said looking into the camera.

"No I want to cause I wanna take her to go get our lashes done. I already set up the appointment." I said locking my front door going to my car.

"Okay, you gone stay on the phone with me?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, where you going?" I said seeing he was in his car.

He set the camera up to where I can see him driving.

"I'm on the way to my homeboy house, ian been wit them in a few days so I'm going there. They havin a little get together later if you wanna come."

"Only if you can come get me, cause ion wanna get there and I be by myself tryna find you."

"If you drive I'll tell you to meet me somewhere, but I'll come get you. We just gotta drop Kyla off first."

"Well i was gone ask your mom if she can stay the night, cause she wanted me to cook for her and everything so I might as well. Does your mom think I'm weird for being friends with Kyla?" I asked driving towards the highway.

"Not really but I think it would help if she meets you before you ask for her to stay the night. Cause Kyla did meet you a week and a half ago."

"Time moving by slow, feel like I've known y'all for a month." I said with my face scrunched up.

"That's cause yo ass annoying."

"Whatever, but it's too soon for me to ask for her to stay the night. Cause I would feel a certain way if a 23 year old asked me if my 16 year old daughter can stay the night at their house. So Ian gone ask, but I definitely will try to meet your mom as soon as I can." I said and he nodded.

"I'm here you want me to hang up or stay on the phone?" He asked grabbing his phone.

"Stay on the phone, text Kyla for me and tell her I'll be there in a minute." I said and he said okay before putting me on pause.

"Whatchu cooking tonight anyways?"

"Just steak mash potatoes and green beans." I said shrugging.

It was a simple meal but fire as fuck.

"Aight make me some too." He said knocking on a door.

"I will duh can't forget bout my second bestie."

"Girl im your first the hell. Kyla is a minor." He said and somebody opened the door.

"Wassup Kj." Somebody with a dread bob dabbed him up.

"Wassup Tj." He said and I scrunched my face up at the camera.

Kj and Tj is corny.

I pulled out of the highway and drove down the street that Kyla's school was at.