ㅡ『25』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 25
The Ballet Studio
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

     A/N: Hey! Uhh... Attendance?

     IF BELLA HAD A LIST of things that she regretted, well this certainly would be included. The moment that the taxi drove away after dropping her into the front of the building, she could already hear her mother's voice echoing by the corridor of the ballet studio.

     "Bella? Bella?" She called.

     The Swan didn't hesitate to run towards where the voice was coming from. Prying the doors open, her heart dropped when the faint light of the small television shone against her pale complexion.

     In front of her was a recording of when she was younger. Her mother was calling to her, but on videotape. She wasn't actually there. Almost immediately, she spun around when she felt a presence behind her.

     Bella knew two things.

     One, her mother wasn't actually there. And Two, she should've just listened and trusted the Cullens.

On the other side, the rest had just regrouped a couple of minutes ago. To say that Edward was antsy was an understatement. Carlisle, and Emmett were the only ones who they met with. The patriarch explaining that Edward went right through the place as soon as they arrived in Phoenix.

Without standing by to idle much longer, all of them went inside of Emmett's jeep and drove off hastily. Going alone probably wasn't the best move.

"Tell Edward how much it hurts!" James said, a sadistic grin playing on his lips. Bella could only writhe on the ground in pain as the sickening crunch of her leg breaking echoed through the place. "Tell him to avenge you!"

"No—! Edward don't!" Bella cried out as her mind went hazy at the unbearable pain that she's going through physically and emotionally.

"Tell him!"

Just in time, Bella no longer felt pressure on her broken foot as she saw James fly across the room when Edward has flung him over.

Instead of rushing to her, Edward stood there unmoving. The Cullen couldn't help but take all of the sickeningly sadistic thoughts of the other vampire.

He had a video recorder on hand. James had wanted Edward to watch as he tortured Bella. It was his own little game, his own tactic to edge him and make him want to hunt.

In the moment of distraction, James sped over to the bronze-haired vampire, holding him by the neck as he slammed Edward into one of the mirrors in the room.

"You're alone 'cause you're faster than the others." He snarked, observing the vampire as he fought against his grip. "But not stronger." James bit back, slamming him once more, the glass breaking behind.

"I'm strong enough to kill you!" Edward gritted his teeth, sending a strong kick into James' torso that sent him flying straight into one of the mirrors in the middle of the room, shattering it into pieces.

This time Edward didn't hesitate to run towards Bella. He took a small moment, observing the state of the poor girl. The Cullen almost whimpered at her condition, her leg was bent in an odd way, hand bleeding, and a shock that never left her face.