𝐕𝐈. an impertinent duo

CHAPTER VI
an impertinent duo

  RIGHT AFTER MEDUSA REVEALED HERSELF, Scarlett noticed Percy being tempted to look at her

"Don't even think about it," She muttered.

"She's a monster," Annabeth declared.

"We all choose who we make are monsters. But right now," Medusa pointed at Alecto. "That one wants to tear you limb from limb. And I'm offering you lunch. The choice is yours."

With that, she walked back inside the house. Once they were sure she was far from sight, the demigods and satyr finally looked back up.

  "I think we can trust her," Percy spoke. The girls and satyr turned to him incredously.

  "What?!"

  "Dude?!"

  "You're kidding."

  "I can't explain I just—my mom used to tell me her story. The point was always that she isn't what people think. And I definitely trust my mom. You guys..." He looked between Grover, Annabeth, and Scarlett. "do what you want." He walked inside the house.

Seconds later, Grover shot Annabeth an apologetic look, and followed him. Annabeth looked shocked. "What are you...?"

She turned to Scarlett. "Scarlett..."

  Scarlett looked between the house and Annabeth. She wasn't nearly as trusting as Percy, and did want to enter that woman's house, especially when said woman could turn you into stone. But then again, the only other option would be trying to outrun a Fury. Usually, Scarlett had a good intuition; she could often tell if someone had good or bad intentions. Medusa was a little confusing: she seemed nice and meant well, but there was something strange that she couldn't detect.

"We should go," Scarlett decided. "Make sure they don't turn into statues or something."

Annabeth sighed. "You're right."

  Scarlett led Annabeth into the house. Percy and Grover were standing in the dining room. The table was full of food, with a candle lit in the middle.

  "Thanks for coming," Percy said to the girls.

  "Not really much of choice." Scarlett shrugged.

  "This isn't the same for me as it is for you." Annabeth told him.

  "Why?" Percy asked confusedly.

  "You're concerned I would hold a grudge against you," Medusa walked into the room, and everyone looked down to the floor. "simply because you're a daughter of Athena."

  She continued, in a kind tone. "You shouldn't be. We're not our parents after all. And you and I have more in common then you think."

  In the corner of her eye, Scarlett could see Medusa pouring them drinks.