dead, dying, or a fucking zombie - chapter one

A/N: I started posting this on ao3 first because that felt like the right place to find an audience for this, but I figured it should also be available here. before I say anything else, I wanna credit the photo used to make the cover to this tumblr blog: https://ysociety.tumblr.com/post/152960285107. I found it through pinterest when searching for 'dark city aesthetic.' okay, onto the rest of the notes!

i'm gonna be so so real, i'm not entirely sure what i'm doing with this fic besides having so much fun

i've been watching a lot of jake and johnnie recently and they're supposed to collab with the triplets soon, so i was briefly considering all of them together for a fic of some sort. and right now there's like a few zombie aus going on in the jake and johnnie fandom, and at one point i had wanted to write one for the triplets before abandoning the concept because i didn't have that many ideas for it.

so, i thought through some sort of crossover thing with them and i figured that some other content creators could make cameos because y'know, it's L.A. everyone is there. Then I scrapped the "cameo" thing and decided to make a huge ensemble cast where a new content creator joins the squad every couple chapters or so. I am making such random people interact but it's okay because it's fun!!

we're starting with the sturniolo triplets with this 4k word intro chapter picking up with the very first day of the zombie apocalypse.

here's your genre-typical tw for blood and injuries and general zombie grossness. this will probably apply to the whole fic but i'll try to give warnings for any big fight scenes as they come up.

have fun

--

None of them could tell you what the first signs of the end were. 

And it's odd, because there were so many of them. 

There was the abnormal amount of traffic that afternoon as they were headed back to their apartment. The slower data on their phones. The general energy of panic as they moved through the streets of Los Angeles. 

None of them could tell you exactly when they realized that this was it, the end of the world, because it seemed to happen all at once and with the most unexpected of warnings. 

"I mean, what the fuck?" the red-haired triplet turned the camera away from himself and to the front of the car, getting a shot of the driver- his brother, Matt, and out the windshield. A large line of cars could be spotted as far as their eyes could see, and in the distance, there were people getting out of their vehicles as if trying to get wherever they were going no matter what it took. 

"Why is everyone so desperate? I don't think it's ever been this bad." Chris added, turning back to look at his older brother. "You're showing them the insane amount of traffic, right?" 

"'You're showing them the insane amount of traffic, right?'" Nick mimicked him in a high pitched tone, making a show of shoving the camera further into his face. Chris batted it away, 

"I didn't see!" the youngest argued, but before the two of them could go back and forth for too long, Matt cut in, looking back at Nick through the rearview mirror.

"I think something is going on. We should stay in tonight." he said in this serious and so unlike the three of them tone, "Got a bad feeling." 

"We were probably gonna 'stay in' regardless, but okay." the oldest agreed, but not without an amount of sarcasm that was likely unnecessary. "What do we think is going on? A car crash or something?" 

"There's nothing on my phone. Like, no bars at all." Chris revealed, and that feels startling. 

"Probably congested. Everyone on this road is probably also checking to see if there was an accident." Nick pointed out, reaching forward to squeeze Matt's shoulder lightly. "We'll just head home. Slow and steady. It'll be fine." 

the apocalypse in l.a - crossover ficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें