2. Twilight Sparkle & Spike

I walked, looking around. I wonder what ponies I should try to befriend. And that's when I saw a carriage pulled by two white pegasi from Canterlot. I waited for it to land and a purple unicorn and — was that a dragon? — hopped out.

I then saw Pinkie Pie trotting up to them, all happy. Of course, I knew who Pinkie Pie was. Everybody knew Pinkie, and she knew everybody in Ponyville. Suddenly, Pinkie gasped really loudly and ran away. That was weird, and the purple unicorn seemed annoyed by that.

I walked up to them with a bright smile. "Hi!" I say.

The unicorn looked at the baby dragon and the baby dragon gave her a pointed look.

The unicorn sighed and forced a smile. "Hello."

"Hi," I say again, and the unicorn's smile wavered as she side eyed the dragon. Oh. "I'm Spring Meadows!" Yeah, an introduction goes after a greeting, right?

"Twilight Sparkle."

Oh yay! We're on the right track. I looked at the dragon. "And you have a dragon? What's his name?"

"Spike," the dragon said proudly.

I gasped. "Oh, a talking dragon. Amazing. Are you guys new here?" I think I would remember a dragon, especially a talking one.

Twilight nodded. "We came from Canterlot."

"Do you go your celebrations here?"

"No, we're going to live here."

"Oh."

I couldn't imagine someone wanting to move to Ponyville after living in Canterlot. That was so weird, but I decided not to comment on that. I wouldn't want to upset Twilight when I am trying to befriend her.

"Riiiight, well we should be going..." Twilight said awkwardly.

"Can I come too?" I ask without thinking. I then blushed. That was very straight forward. Twilight blinked and looked at Spike. Again. Did I say something wrong? Oh, of course...

Spike nodded at Twilight and Twilight sighed, but it sounded kind of annoyed. She looked at me and forced another smile on her face, one that was so obviously fake. "Oh sure..."

"Oh yay! What are we going to do?"

"Just check and make sure things are good for the summer sunset celebration tonight."

I smile. "That sounds like fun!"